Monday, January 26, 2009

Care, COUNT ME IN

Recently I wrote on my other blog ways to show CARE. Wow! I'm consumed with the thoughts of care.....I don't want to 'do' for others but I want to CARE for others. Tonight while involved in some care planning for our church I received a phone call that showed someone CARES. More importantly it showed that God CARES.

It's amazing how you can NEVER out give God. At the exact time of the phone call we were busy planning ways to CARE. I was CARED for so much greater. To my best recall the caller has never called me. It is someone from another town. Honestly, since I haven't spent any time or communication with this person in years she would be more of an acquaintance. The person said she had been praying and begin to share with me what God had spoken to her for Kent and me. I know the person may have thought I was rude because I couldn't even respond. I was in awe. Of course we had company so I needed to get back to my company, too. How amazing that we were planning to CARE for others and God Almighty spoke directly to our hearts CARING for us so deeply!

Wow!!! Amazing....I'm overwhelmed......I'm thankful....my acquaintance, my true friend has committed to prayer and fasting for Kent, Redonia, CUPC, and me. A true friend doesn't have to talk to you often or talk to anyone yet can hear from God for you! CARING doesn't mean that you have to know details because if God wants you to know them He will give them to you.

God, help me CARE for my friends! I really do want to CARE more this year. I believe if I CARE it will show!!! To all of you my blogging friends, I want to pray for you each day and for the needs of your churches. I believe God can lead us to be sensitive to the needs of others. Additionally, if ever any minister's wife needs a prayer partner "COUNT ME IN". Email me...I'll give you my cell number...leave a comment on the blog, etc.....I believe if we CARE we will AGREE in the Spirit.....To my church family, you are ALWAYS in my prayers. You can "COUNT ME IN". To my family, you are ALWAYS in my prayers. You can "COUNT ME IN".

I feel CARED for this evening. How refreshing!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there is anything I have learned in my life time it is that GOD is an ON TIME GOD!!!!!!! He has never failed us and never will and He does care for us. I wouldn't want to face any problem that I have faced or yet will have to face without knowing that He does care and my desire is to be willing to care for others and when I feel the unction from God to let someone know that I am holding them up in prayer it is my desire to do just that!!! Who ever you are that let my kids know tonight that you do care and you are praying for them, as a mom I do appreciate it and hope we can all learn to be sensitive to each others needs and be used in the Kingdom by obeying the voice of God always and willing to give of ourselves to prayer and fasting for others.
love,
Mom

Karen J. Hopper said...

Wonderful post, and brought a thought to my mind, the Lord intended us to be the CARE packages to the world. I feel inspired. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Tracie,
I know I don't know from experience but I believe you are one of the best pastor's wives. Thank you for caring and for all that you do!
Still enjoying your blog... it's always uplifting to me!
Love ya,
Lisa

iluv2prshim said...

Tracie, I am so thankful this happened for you and Kent. God loves us so much. Still praying for you here in Cali. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sis. Smith,

I enjoy your blogs so much!!! I tried to find your email address, but I couldn't find it on your blog site. Would you please email me @ rmmathis@juno.com? My husband is a minister in GA.

Thanks and God bless you!!
Rhonda Mathis

Anonymous said...

Sis. Smith,

I enjoy your blogs so much!!! I tried to find your email address, but I couldn't find it on your blog site. Would you please email me @ rmmathis@juno.com? My husband is a minister in GA.

Thanks and God bless you!!
Rhonda Mathis

Misti Ferguson said...

God is faithful! Truly we, the body, are all God has left on this earth to show His children that He cares...I want to always be sensitive to the needs of others just as He is always attentive to my cry! Love you lots and I'm so excited about what God is doing!

Belinda said...

HEY MY FRIEND....:)
Sounds like you are reaping some of that "caring" sowing you have done for years. I love you bunches and I am so thankful that GOD is so faithful. You're in our prayers daily. Love ya Sis A :)