Monday, January 19, 2009

Caught Up! Well till Tomorrow....

This morning I read some of my scriptures before beginning my day. One of my Christmas presents was a gift card to Radiance Day Spa. This morning I enjoyed a relaxing 1 hour facial. It's amazing how good I feel after enjoying a pampered appointment. Thanks, Babe! The boys played golf. Redonia spent the morning with Gentry and Madeline. They LOVE for Redonia to spend time with them. I guess Calah slept late. I really haven't talked with her today.

This afternoon Redonia decided she wanted Rudy's BBQ. Yummmm Redonia and I shared a baked potato and the three of us shared brisket and smoked turkey. After dinner Redonia wanted to stop at a 'knock off' purse store. Then she and her Dad had to go shopping for Bishop @ Petco and believe it or not a Dog Bakery, too. What will this world come up with next? The icings on the baked items are made from yogurt. The dog bakery concept seemed too much for me so I sat in the car. Later Redonia and Kent decided since Circuit City is closing they may have electronics too good to pass up. Finally, we got to the most important part of the evening....desserts! We enjoyed desserts @ Black Walnut Cafe'. This is a favorite of ours. Kent enjoyed cheesecake with mixed fruit, Redonia had a cup of gelato, and I had a slice of snickerdoodle pie.

Tomorrow we are going to BOTT in Alexandria. We planned to go, planned not to go, evaluated cost to value and thought it wasn't a good idea then friends started applying pressure so we are going.....I guess friends to value is a winner everytime! We'll see.... Of course we will enjoy church that is always a blessing but honestly I'm thinking the bigger benefit will be spending time with friends and family this time. Tonight I decided what I will take....I don't feel too enthusiased! ha I thought earlier about maybe taking one service and sleeping in....Kent would NEVER do that but I probably could do it without even wiggling!Maybe I'll catch a few pics of friends and family the next few days and post them.....

I hate leaving Redonia behind. She's still my little girl. Today she suffered with a little pain and it bothers me to leave her. She insists she'll be fine but did say she would MUCH rather go with us. I don't think she can work it out or I would just have her pack up and go......

Tonight I sat here as Kent did whatever ??? and I caught up on my Bible Reading. What a good feeling! I read the scriptures that I was behind on so quickly that I really want to go back and read them again. I caught the jest of things but I really like clicking on different translations, looking up words, etc. Honestly every verse I read each verse about 3 times since I enjoy the different translations. At the rate I ENJOY reading the scriptures I'll be behind again soon, I'm sure. I'm glad to say I'm caught up for NOW!

Enjoy your week! As I used to tell the kids "Night night sleep tight don't let the bedbugs bite don't forget to say your prayers I love you bunches I'll see you in the morning chicadees"

Of course this brought out "Mommy, I need to go to the bathroom, I need a drink, my tape player is messed up, I forgot to do part of my homework, can you come and read me another book, I love you, can we get doughnuts for breakast, did we have any more sausage balls you can heat up, can we eat pizza for dinner tomorrow.......or anything they could come up with to stay awake!!!" Girlfriends, stay awake all you want....I'm outta here.....Nite Nite....

4 comments:

Linda Elms said...

See you at BOTT...if you don't sleep too much! :)

Susan Hill said...

Have a great time at BOTT!!! Would love to be there! Youre Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite, made me want to share our ending to it that we have used on BOTH girls! "Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite, if they do, bite them back!" LOL You guessed it! Their Daddy started that!

Susan Hill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belinda said...

Have fun at BOTT! Having gone and stayed a few conf.'s with ya my guess is that Bro Smith will be having to tell you it's not time to get up yet we still have 5 more mints. hahaha ( I know the early bird gets the worm but those who sleep in enjoy room services hahaha) Love ya have a good time.