Sunday, January 25, 2009

Awesome Isn't Enough Nor Is Incredible

CUPC had great church today! There just aren't words to describe what all happened. I observed people responding to the Spirit of God that have never responded in quite the manner they responded.

Both services were tremendously worshipful not dancing but worshipful. This morning most of us moved to the altar in tears after Kent's message. It's amazing how tears wash away the cares of life. Tonight as Chris Ferguson opened the door for me to enter the church I spotted a new person in the choir. Immediately I asked if it was Peggy. Bro. Ferguson said, "No, I don't think so." I looked again and knew it was. Peggy and her great husband, Micahel, have been members for only a few months. I have been praying for them to get more involved. Peggy has an amazing solo voice. When Bro. Ferguson confirmed it was Peggy tears gushed from my eyes. The foyer was full of people so I stepped back outside. Kent quickly came to see what was wrong. I know he was thankful I was shedding tears of rejoicing. This morning Michael told Kent that their family is behind us and they are ready to be involved (paraphrased). As the choir led in worship another newcomer, Tamara, made her way out of the pew and began to worship God at the altar. Soon most of the congregation was in the altar praying for one another in such an amazing way.

One of our Kroger stores has an employee that has worked there for many years. Each time Kent and I see him we are kind to him. Later Kent will talk about how admirable for the young man to work in his crippled condition. Tonight as I was gaining composure in the foyer in walked Mark with another one of our newcomers. Of course more tears began to flow. During the worship service Mark began to respond to what he felt. He is considering baptism. I don't know how many times this gentleman has bagged my groceries nor can I remember the many times I have seen him walking down the service road the couple of miles to his job. I'm thankful I have always been kind! Wouldn't it have been bad if he would have showed up tonight and realized Kent was pastor if we weren't caring?

God confirmed to Kent and me at BOTT some things that He has planned for CUPC. Today was certainly a great beginning. We had many out today with sickness, funerals, or out of town. I wish each of them could have been there to have felt the presence of God that we each enjoyed. I pray each of you had good church at your places of worship, too!

Upon return from BOTT Kent and I faced several problems. I am thankful that God is faithful regardless to situations. In fact, He helps those in difficult situations, crisis, sickness, sin, need or whatever the problems may be. The love, mercy, grace, and faithfulness of God still amazes me.

This week Kent and I will continue working on outlining the growth plan for CUPC. Pray we are sensitive to God's voice.

8 comments:

Karla said...

Tracie, I am so glad to hear this report from CUPC. God is doing and going to do many wonderful things for y'all and the church! We had mighty moves of God today, also. God is awesome!! Love you!

Linda Weldon said...

I have typed, and re-typed my comments this morning and have come to the conclusion I simply cannot explain in mere words my feelings of all that God did yesterday. His ways are so far above ours - we can never comprehend the true work that was performed in the lives of many of us. I am SO thankful for His mercy and goodness and for our church and Bro & Sis Smith's leadership in allowing God to lead them in wisdom and truth. Sis. Weldon

Deadra's Dialogue said...

We are behind you 110%! God is doing GREAT things!!! Love you!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Look forward to watching your growth plan in action.

Anonymous said...

Sis. Smith,
I know the young man, Mark, from Kroger you refer to in your Blog. I pray CUPC reaches out in love to him and he is wonderfully filled with the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
We too had great services yesterday at Abundant Life-Willis. Rachel Hill

Anonymous said...

Sis. Smith,
I know the young man, Mark, from Kroger you refer to in your Blog. I pray CUPC reaches out in love to him and he is wonderfully filled with the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
We too had great services yesterday at Abundant Life-Willis. Rachel Hill

Susan Hill said...

Tracie, I'm so thrilled that you God has sent you new vision and working so greatly in your church! I had posted on my blog this morning, and then read yours! I was smiling, because God is obviously moving in His church! It looks like we had the same services and both churches! Thank you, Jesus!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhh and we missed yesterday.
We did have a wonderful service and heard a GREAT preacher yesterday morning though as we were in Hattiesburg with Kelly and wow did he PREACH. He has an awesome church also and we were on the road coming home last night and missed out all the way around.
I am so thankful for those that were touched in both services and hated so many were out sick.
love,
Mom/ Shirley Patrick