Friday, October 31, 2008

Dedicated to all the Children


Pyzam Glitter Text Maker




The world has corrupted trick or treating. I KNOW where it originated BUT when I was a child dressing up like Raggedy Ann, Cinderella, or Minnie Mouse and going to neighbors and church families homes to receive treats was just simple fun. One year Vicki and I dressed like old ladies and carried granny looking purses for our treat bags. I remember Bro. Edgar Willard and Bro. Summerlin adding in a few dollars. Speaking of Bro. Summerlin, he owned a Satsuma Orchard. He would throw in satsumas and even kumquats. I guess I'm getting older when I can speak fondly of yesteryear as being "the days'.

Tonight our Student Ministries are combining for a Fall Hippie Party. Redonia has been searching for just the right attire. Finally in exasperation she questioned why didn't I keep my 70's clothes. Tomorrow CUPC will enjoy a church-wide Fall Social at 7 Acres Farm. We will enjoy a weiner roast, roast marshmallows on the camp fire, and a variety of homemade cakes. The children will enjoy roaming the farm, playing with animals, a zip line, playground, pony rides, and more. There will be basketball and volleyball for the adults.

I do hope all our little kids will be able to find some candy along the way today. I remember sitting in the floor sorting thru candy. The day after we went trick or treating Mom would let us fill a little sandwich baggy with candy to take to school for a snack.

To all my little nieces and nephews may you make memories that you can share about your good ole days. Honestly, kids, the Lord may return before you reach adulthood. I'm so thankful that I have had the priviledge of watching many of you weep and cry around an altar. Madeline observing you kneel with your friends Sunday was special to me. Kyleigh, watching you at two years of age rejoice as your dad worshipped was special, too. May all of you children seek to please the Lord. Aunt Tracie wants you all to know one thing having fun and making memories doing it is never a sin as long as you don't violate the Bible. Being a Christian doesn't have to be dull and boring. In fact it can be the most of FUN.




Slideshow

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis. Tracie. I do enjoy your blogs and I too am saddened that our grandkids can't have the experience that we had of "Trick or Treating." We always made it a fun time for our children, and do believe that we can still have fun, yet, at the same time, teach them the true values. Enjoy your blogs, and especially the one on Sis. Chance. It made me do some rethinking on some issues. I kept up on Timo, and was so glad to see him at GC and God is still able to completely heal.
My husband pastors a small church in Algonquin, IL. We have been in the ministry over 40 years, and still believe that God is our One & Only way to live. There can be no substitutions. Lord bless.
Sis. Genenda Worthen

Tracie Smith said...

Genenda, I would love to meet you!!!! Thanks for stopping by. There really are no substitutions to a lifestyle revolving around HIM

Anonymous said...

Hello Sis. Tracie,
Thank you for your dedication to your blog. It has been very informative and encouraging to me.
I first found it when headquarter sent the email regarding Timo's illness and I have been coming back ever since.
My husband and I are new to the Texas District. We are pastoring a church in Sardis, a community just outside Center, Tx. I visit your site at least once a week and look forward to meeting you sometime at one of the district functions.
God Bless you!
Sis. Carolynne Grogan
Sardis Pentecostal Church

Tracie Smith said...

Carolynne, welcome to the District!!! Hopefully we will be afforded the opportunity to meet soon. I was unable to make the recent Minister's Wives Retreat due to Ike. Maybe we can meet @ the Dist Conf which is held in the Spring.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It has proven a great way to make new frieds such as yourself. I would love to see more minister's wives blog!

KAN said...

Not to take away from the "trick or treating", which I too have the fondest of memories, but I just want to say those surely are pretty girls in the picture slide show.

I know the photographer, and her uncanny ability, but it helps to have such beauty and PERSONALITY to work with. I don't think you have to even know the girls to "know" them and the spunky, the "miss attitude", the sweetness in disguise, etc.

I know the parents attribute it all to good genes. HAHA

Linda Elms said...

I enjoyed Halloween as a child, and love seeing children dressed up to go "Trick or Treating". :) The children in your slideshow sure are pretty!

Susan Hill said...

Tracie, Haven't stopped by in a while!!! We have been so busy that blogging hasn't been at the top of the to do list!! LOL

We totally agree with your views on "Trick or Treat!" We were raised with the fun family time, too. How sad that some of the things now even scare ME!!! We can walk through the department stores and Cherish will see the costumes and try to hide her face!!

We had a great time at our "Trunk Or Treat" last night! We decorated our trunks as Noah's ark, Jonah and the whale, Fishers of men, etc. The community loved it and we have 6 commitments for Sunday School tomorrow. (and again, as the demon-ish characters came from the area, Cherish recoiled!) Sad!

Vicki said...

I am the proud mom of the oldest girl in the pics and yes, KAN the gene pool they come from is great :-) If you don't believe me just as their Grammy!