Saturday, October 11, 2008

Refresh


One Saturday morning each month ladies from CUPC meet for a time of prayer and devotion. I can't give you a specific reason that I chose "Refresh" for the title but without doubt today's prayer session gave definition.

Today Carol Terry gave a wonderful devotional. Sis. Terry told us just as a loving, nurturing Mother wraps her arm around a hurting child so does God bring comfort and love to each of us. Sometimes God instantly heals or answers our prayer but when we don't receive an instant miracle His arm of care and comfort is wrapped around us. Incredible!

As we began to pray the presence of the Lord was very strong. I KNOW God meet us there! I also know several needs were meet. I expect the same refreshing to be present in our services tomorrow.

After our time of devotion and prayer several ladies joined me for lunch at Panera Bread. We enjoyed a fun time of food and socializing. It's amazing how refreshed ladies become after a sweet time in the presence of God.

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

What a perfect title for a time of prayer and devotion. Sis Terry's devotion sounds perfect too. To be refreshed in the Lord makes all the difference in a day, and our thought pattern.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that word! REFRESH! We are storm weary. BUT God has and is still sending us a "REFRESHING"! Felt it in this mornings service! God is so sweet! Lord Bless you and your Blog! I read it everyday! Sis. Debbie from Beaumont!