Friday, October 10, 2008

I LOVE Answered Prayers

Through the years Kent and I have been priviledged to be apart of the Texas District and watch many young people become adults. One such young person that we have had the priviledge of watching is Mandy Orange Elms. As a teen we observed Mandy be able to work as an adult at Texas District Crusader's Camp. Then during those late night hours we also had the priviledge of watching the 'kid' come out in Mandy. She would furiously drive the golf cart around the grounds. "Back in the day' we enjoyed going down the hill on the youth tabeernacle side of the main tabernacle. I remember Mandy giving her Mom wild rides as she would laugh hysterically and Sis. Orange would scream in fun. We saw her involved in shaving cream battles, etc.

Later, our very best friends Shonn and Kathy Cox, preached revivals for Bro. and Sis. Orange. I remember telling Kathy how I admired Mandy's sweet spirit. Kathy would tell of Mandy working hard in the kitchen baking pies, etc. She also told of how Mandy would worship and cry in services. Not long after Mandy and Andrew were married. Shonn and Kathy's daughter, Kaleigh, was the miniature bride.

After Mandy and Andrew were married we watched as at the many district functions this fine couple would make their way to the front pew. Often first on their feet to worship or first in the altar praying and crying out to God. Many times Kent and I have talked how the Elms and Oranges must be proud of these 'kids'.

This past year Bro. and Sis. Elms were elected to TX Dist Secretary. Of course, Mandy and Andrew were working with them in Wichita Falls. Kent and I began to pray for Mandy and Andrew. In fact at that district conference we pledged our prayers to them. I can honestly say often we prayed for God's will in their lives.

Last night we were so happy to hear they were elected pastor in Balch Springs, Texas. I cried when I learned the great news. Kent smiled with his little grin. Mandy and Andrew, just as we have enjoyed watching God's hand on you thus far we now anxiously await the many great things God will do for you as Pastor and Wife.

I know both Mandy and Sis. Elms blogged about this wonderful milestone but I woke up with a praise in my spirit for this accomplishment. The past few months I can truly say I have put my children in the place of Mandy and Andrew as I have prayed for them. Today I'm thankful I have had a prayer answered.

Last evening Kent and I talked that when God does things He does them right. His ways are certainly beyond our ways. He does things in the most remarkable ways. His plan is always better than our plan.

Of late my blog has posted many prayer requests. Today I wanted to be able to share that God really does answer prayer. Should someone reading today be in the midst of seeking God, realize He does hear our cry and will provide the answer that we may would have never dreamed.

Off to a busy day.......

3 comments:

Linda Elms said...

OH TRACIE! THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for the many prayers you have prayed for Andrew and Mandy to find the "perfect will of God" in their lives. It means more than we can express in this short comment, but know we appreciate you and Bro. Smith so much for your love and friendship to them and also to us!!! Be careful traveling to conference. I hope to see you there! Love you!

Jana Allard said...

And I LOVE to read your great reports on your blog. Andrew and Mandy are so deserving. The Elms have been long time friends of ours since Linda's days in California. Her and my sister were good friends growing up.

Mandy said...

Wow Sis Smith, I was a little surprised when my name appeared on your post as I began to read it. I told my husband you never really know what people think of you! We jsut live our lives trying to please God and it either touches others in a positive or a negative way! Now with my new resposiblities I feel the weight of a burden that I have not ever carried before. While I am excited I am also humbled that God would trust with these precious saints of God! Please don't stop praying We still need them perhaps more now than before! Thank you for the kind encouraging words! We love you all and we are soooooo happy we were your answered prayer!