Monday, October 27, 2008

What do I Blog About?

There are so many things going on, so many things going thru my thoughts, and so much I want to say. What do I narrow it to? Where do I begin? I'm busy, loving God, loving my family, and loving my friends!

My cruel secretary has me working hard on 'stuff'! (teasing, Deadra!!!) I just realized there aren't enough paydays between now and Christmas...yikes!!! It's still Pastor's Appreciation MONTH @ CUPC....it needs to end quick!!! We had 5 desserts given to us last week, $100 in cash, and several gift cards. We are feeling quite spoiled! We love our sweet saints.

Our weekend was amazing. Saturday night's Rejoice, prayer meeting, was geat. Trent did an outstanding job of coordinating praise and worship, testimonials, prayer times, and a worship slide show. Sunday we were blessed to have Bro. & Sis. Nate Lawrence and children. Wow! What a day we had!

Tonight I cooked corn chowder, grilled link sausage, made southern 'sweet' cornbread, warmed delicious taco soup given to us by Grandma Henry, made delicious Twinings Breakfast Blend sweet tea, & prepared Wasail to go with our smorgasbord of desserts. Of course there was only Kent and me for dinner so I invited my parents. It was all delish for a Texas cold night!

Tomorrow we have a memorial service for a past member of CUPC, Jason Pressler. Jason was a young man we loved dearly. He had a tough life. He passed from this life due to a car accident. Jason, left his mark on CUPC. We never understand some circumstances. I struggle when people decide to cease church attendance. I'm thankful, however, that we serve a God of mercy and grace. I know God will give my dear husband wisdom as he endeavors to comfort the family.

Wednesday will be the funeral for Sharon Chance, pastor's wife of the Hope Center, San Antonio, Texas. Sharon was a wonderful friend to me during our years of serving the TX Dist Sunday School Department. She and I enjoyed many visits in the old camp office. Often she scheduled me to work the camp office on her shift. We always enjoyed laughing together. She loved her children and grandchildren! She spoke fondly to the weeks after Crusader's Camp when Bro. Chance would preach camps in other districts and would allow her to stay at home. She would tell me her plans of spending time in the pool with her children and grandchildren. She always encouraged me to make sure my children knew they were my priority before the church children. Of course as her church kids would see her it was MOST evident they thought they were the priority. They would run in for hot and stinky hugs and kisses. I enjoyed helping her prepare for the minister's after the services. She was simply alot of fun. My heart hurts for her husband, sweet children, grandchildren, and church. During her sickness I mailed her a couple of cards but I regret not letting her know a little more how much I enjoyed her investment of time in me.

My beautiful Mallorie came to see me tonight. She is so adorable. I actually got hugs from Gentry, too!!! Of course, Madeline always hugs me. I love all my neices and nephews. What on earth will I do when we get grandchildren? I don't know how I could love or spoil them anymore.

Speaking of grandchildren.....Kent is feeling his nest is too empty. Rather than wishing for the grandbabies (thank the Lord!) He is getting a new poodle. I guess it will be a grandpuppy. We are toooooo old for children. Bishop will be ready to be separated from his Mommy on or about November 21st. Yes, he is struggling with insanity!lol He has already arranged for sitters when we have to be away.

Ok....I warned of my ramblings by asking what subject should I blog....I hope you don't feel the emotional roller coaster I feel after reading my blog. I guess this is just all in the life of a pastor's wife! We celebrate life and death in the same day. Often we rejoice with tremendous victory with one family while another may suffer defeat. Then of course even at times we encourage faith when ours may be tested. In all these things, I am glad to know there is a God....

I love you all, dearly!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracie, You alway's uplift me with you blog (or today's different subject's). Thank you for the spirit in which you write.

Kelli Rawlinson

Jana McVay said...

Sis. Smith,
The post was lovely. Your sentiments about my cousin, Sharon Chance, were heartfelt and loving. She will be missed sorely by her dear husband and children. My heart breaks for their loss. I sat yesterday, staring at pictures of Sis. Chance from back in the day and then scrolled across a picture taken more recently. I live in California, am from a younger generation, but was heartbroken over the time we didn't get to spend together. My dad is very upset that he can't get a flight to be with Mike and the kids. We are related but also spent half a year attending their church many, many years ago. Distance separates us but I have many fond memories of Sharon and Mike and the kids back when we "were" kids.

Sorry for rambling...Again, thank you for loving Sharon and her family. I am glad she is in Heaven, whole, with no more pain. But for those left here without her, the loss is great.

Mandy said...

All of the above has been well stated! It is beautiful to love and be loved and to serve and be served, and to keep it all in perspective! Love you and thank you for the post!

Mandy said...

All of the above has been well stated! It is beautiful to love and be loved and to serve and be served, and to keep it all in perspective! Love you and thank you for the post!