Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's the Life - Chocolate, Family & Friends

Thanks to Ronda Hurst, Susan Hill, and Lori Dominques, all pastors’ wives from California, I’ve been working on a special outing for CUPC ladies. Each of these ladies shared pics on their blogs about a minister’s wives retreat with a similar theme. Lori was kind enough to email me some games. I know my ‘sweet’ (no pun intended) ladies will enjoy them.

I am the type person that buys gifts that I would appreciate, do things for others that I would appreciate, etc. All that being said I can’t teach something that I don’t enjoy myself. Chocolate, family and friends are definitely the life! I enjoy each of them often.

Tonight I enjoyed a cup of coffee with chocolate and caramel from Panera Bread. It was so delicious. So was my blueberry muffin. Thanks to my church “family”, Bro. and Sis. Greer. This Pastor Appreciation month is spoiling us rotten. (Mastercard gift cards – yes Sis. Weldon I got one and he got the other! Whataburger---yumm chicken strip dinner with fattening cream gravy for lunch…gotta love the Alcocks!!!) Ok, I know I got side tracked talking about my FAMILY!! Church Family members count, too!!!

Yesterday my little Maddie Moo was very sick. I went to Mom’s and helped tend to my sick baby girl. Isn’t that what Aunts are for? Ok you gotta keep the Mom happy, too! My Mom loves everything in her house decorated but doesn’t do it herself. Sooooooo being the sweet daughter that I am I decorated her house for fall. Isn’t that what daughters are for? Redonia and Calah, I’m waiting….. This morning Mom babysat Kyleigh and Abigail. Well, I love those wild girls to pieces. I baked them some cinnamon rolls. Then I sent them off with their Dad with candy. I just love doing that for all my nieces and nephews.

My in-laws called on their way to The Woodlands to shop. We love meeting them at Macaroni Grille. We had a good lunch with them. They crack me up. Kent has strong opinions on some subjects and Papaw gets Kent going on it then preaches him a sermon. Never mind Kent is just acting like chip off the chocolate or the apple off the tree. Papaw always says “Now Daddy doesn’t medal in your business but let me just share this thought with you” Ha ha …gotta love your parents!!! We sure love ours.

Friends, we’ll we are planning on seeing a bunch of ours at General Conference. We really need to plan a bloggers luncheon or something. I’m sure I’ll have to tag along to a forum buddies dinner. Of course some of those wives are my friends, too. Kent and I plan to drive. We haven’t done that since GC was in San Antonio and I think that was our only time. I’m thinking we must be getting old or something. There are some great stops we can make either going or coming. Let’s see…New Orleans, Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, go a little out of the way and go up the East Coast. Do we have to show up at conference or can we just do a driving tour???? Teasing! We’ll be there. Gotta go and get tired feet, lose sleep, eat too much late at night, and walk the halls. Isn’t that what it’s all about?

Ok, this post is showing my life of loving chocolate, family and friends…gotta be able to teach my ladies how to enjoy it all!

5 comments:

Deadra's Dialogue said...

WOW! Sounds like you had a fun day! Glad you are enjoying Pastor Appreciation. You both deserve to be spoiled rotten. Love you!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Whewwwww.......

Boy we noodled out way all the way back to the chocolate......

I gotta come that that blogger lunch.....

The Husband

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Count me in on the bloggers luncheon.
Let me know when..LOL.

Vicki said...

whew, conference social calendar is filling up .. Thursday is FM luncheon
Friday is minister's wife bfast to lunch
Friday night is MK bash
Sat morning is meet and greet

Gotta LOVE the great fellowship of the Family of God!

iluv2prshim said...

Hope your chocolate, family and friends ladies day goes super! :) With chocolate, you can't go wrong. :)