Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday

Today we traveled to Simpsonville, SC to visit some very dear cousins, Judy and Lary Bonorato. We had a great time at their beautiful home. I am MOST grateful that we were also able to visit with Andrea and Jason. Andrea is a second cousin. Of course we seem much closer than that!!! Judy has always been a magnificent cook. She had an awesome meal prepared which included a southern pecan pie and cake. We southern belles know how to cook!!! My parents were there, too. The worst part of living in Texas is I am 100's of miles from my relatives. You will see some pics of my great family!

Tonight Trent preached @ CUPC. This was the first time on a Sunday night. Through out his message and altar service people texted Kent and me. Everyone was most complimentary and wanting Trent to preach again soon. Deadra sent several voice texts. The bad BUT good part was there was so much praise during the preaching that I could hardly hear Trent. Trent, Dad and I wept when we got the texts that you were doing so good. We are VERY proud of you!!!

After leaving Simpsonville we came to Pigeon Forge, TN. We plan to hibernate here a couple of days before heading home. Possibly we will meet up with friends. It was hard to be only 3 hrs from Pigeon Forge and pass it by. We really did not plan the trip but we found a great internet rate and here we are!!!!

9 comments:

JanaFloyd said...

How wonderful that Timo's hearing has been restored!!! Hallelujah!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I had not heard anything about Timo receiving his healing - how awesome! Yes, Trent did a fantastic job of allowing God to use him last night. I cried so much throughout the preaching as I kept remembering this very young boy in my SS class of years back! God's annointing is most definitely upon him and it is evident he is yielding himself to God's will. Have a great and safe trip back! We love ya'll! Sis. Weldon

Tracie Smith said...

I couldn't get to Vicki since they were on the platform Sat pm. They left for the airport around 3:30 am Sunday. I believe today Timo is scheduled to pick up a hearing aide. He was prayed for during the service. All of a sudden everything got loud to him. I did see Lauren and she said she thought he could hear good out of the deaf ear. As soon as Vicki learns more I KNOW she will post if not I WILL. I was so happy. I wanted to leap for joy and cry at the same time. So I did!!!

Jana Allard said...

Tracie, I have enjoyed "travelling" to conference with you. LOL Because we are gone so much during the summer at our church, we usually don't go to general conference. I enjoyed all the pics, too.

Vicki said...

watch for the blog .... it will come probably tomorrow (Tuesday) Timo was scheduled to p/up his hearing aid then so we are going to ask for the hearing test. Today he talked on the phone and used his left ear - the FIRST TIME since his long journey began. I still can't even talk about it without weeping - MY GOD IS AWESOME!

Deadra's Dialogue said...

God is so Awesome. We rejoice with you. Trent did a fantastic job as well. You should be proud.
Glad you are having a wonderful time. We do miss you though.

Anonymous said...

Ok - I have chills - that is AWESOME!!!!

And, I'm so proud of Trent - that is awesome as well.....way to go! Now Jake can start preaching adn playing the drums like "Tent" as he calls him.......

Stephanie said...

God is so very good! We are so excited! I could not even tell others about it without crying and rejoicing myself! We Love Ya'll! Stephanie Egan

Unknown said...

Tracie ... it was so good to see you & Brother Smith at GC ... and what an honor to witness Timo's healing ... you weren't the only one weeping and jumping for joy ... it was such a wonderful beautiful sight ... what an awesome conference! I thought I had left a comment yesterday but I can't find it ... (?) ;o)