Thursday, October 16, 2008

Enjoying Conference




Today was a good 1st day at Conference. This morning I met my buddy Diane Green for the ladies session. Mom started out with us but decided to go to the exhibits instead. After service we decided to go to the exhibits. As soon as I walked in Kent called and business was over.

I caught the shuttle back to the hotel. I enjoyed the ride back with Donna Myre, Linda Elms, Shirley Henson, and Krysta Slaydon. We enjoyed laughing together waiting for the shuttle and the tirp back to the hotel. Ok I KNEW Scotty Slaydon was a possibility for Foreign Missions Secretary but Krysta didn't say a word and I was afraid to ask the outcome of the election. As we exited the bus Kent congratulated Krysta. We got a big laugh that she was too modest to tell me and I was too afraid to ask in case he wasn't elected. Oh well we high fived, hug necks and enjoyed a big laugh. Congratulations Scotty and Krysta. We love you both dearly.

Kent wanted to take Bro. and Sis. McClain to lunch today. We always enjoy being with them. We invited Mom and Popsie to join us. We had a good afternoon together.

Tonight our buds, Mark and Diane Green, sat with us. After service we went to Steak and Shake. Yummmmm I had ANOTHER vanilla malt. Out of all the places in Greensboro that we could have all chosen Mom, Popsie, and Bro. & Sis. McClain were there, too! We enjoyed them twice in a day. We enjoyed seeing several friends. The Harvey's (Ruth Reider) now pastor in Connecticut. Sis. Ruth Harvey looked so pretty. I always enjoy catching up with her. LOTS of friends and acquaintances were there. We enjoyed seeing each of them.

Tomorrow is the Ladies Breakfast. Diane and I and a few other Texas ladies plan to sit together. I always enjoy the breakfast. Well, actually often the food isn't that great but the program is always wonderful.

Oh....big breaking new - my buddy, Andrew Koontz, was the bassist for tonight's service. Andrew, we are proud of you! You have such an awesome spirit. I couldn't help but think tonight that your Daddy would have been proud of you. I know your Mom and Ashley are. Well, your Smith family is quite proud too!!!! We love you buddy!!!

Ok, off for rest...tomorrow I hope to see some more friends. Some I haven't seen yet. Donie, Trent, and Calah we MISS you kids sooooooooo much!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Karla said...

I'm looking for you at the breakfast!! Haven't seen you yet. Glad you're having a great time.

Anonymous said...

Would do almost anything for a shake from Steak ans Shake! Enjoy! Sis. Deb from Beaumont

iluv2prshim said...

Awww....I wish I could reach into my computer right now and give Bro. and Sis. McClain a BIG hug.
I could use a shake from Steak -n- Shake about now too. :)
Glad you're having a good time!