Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I LOVE My Family

Last night I grilled steak and ribs. I also prepared, green beans almandine, grilled veggies, baked potatoes, and enjoyed Panera’s Asiago Bread, and 3 Seed Bread. For dessert we enjoyed a delicious chocolate pie. (Thanks to Glenda Martin we had great bread and pie!!!) Calah and Trent came over for dinner. Kent teased that it was Assistant Pastor’s Appreciation Night. Whatever the occasion I LOVE to have all my children home! Though the food was scrumptious our time spent together was superb.

After we ate Trent and Redonia spent some time wrestling. I’m pretty sure Redonia still wins! Calah laughed and laughed and I screamed. When they were finished Redonia said, “Bub, I don’t think Mom has screamed like that in a long time.” They scare me to death. Trent picks Redonia up, flips her on the floor, holds her down only for her to wiggle loose and sling him around a few times. They were both out of breath when finished and fell back on one of the sofas snuggled up. Of course, Kent doesn’t say a word until they are through and then teases Trent for letting his sister always beat up on him.

Calah enjoys pestering Kent. She imitates his talking and his mannerisms. Trent laughs so hard when she picks on Kent. Our family loves to laugh and have fun. Last night she picked on him about forum talk. She called it some sort of social club. It was funny how she said it. We all had a big laugh.

After the kids calmed, we played Sequence. Trent hates to lose. The rounds Redonia and I won he would have to play again to attempt to beat us. Since the kids got married Calah has decided she doesn’t like to lose either. I think when they play the Wii they need marriage counseling! Lol I told the kids next time we play we are going to separate Calah and Trent. It should make for a much more interesting game. Redonia never gets too worked up. Of course I don’t take games serious either.

Our house is too quite with Trent married. When he comes home he either comes in screaming for Redonia to come downstairs or rings the doorbell a zillion times before coming in. Last night he did both! Why do I miss him? He and Calah laughed that all afternoon they were completely silent at their house. They questioned each other why do they get so crazy here. I told Trent it’s because he misses us so much! Well by the time they went home Redonia was ready to go back upstairs in solitude and Kent and I were ready to sit in the dimly lit living room in complete silence.

I LOVE my family – my sweet husband and fun loving children. I enjoy this new time of our life with our family. The kids are grown up and have lots of responsibilties. When we do spend time together it is always cherished. Kent and I enjoy spending quality time together.

I hope each of you enjoy your families! I was blessed to be raised in a close family. I KNOW even some from CUPC didn't have that priviledge growing up. I hope each of these will make NEW traditions with their families. Family fun does not have to be a trip or expensive meal. It can be just wrestling, playing games, coloring, etc. When my kids were little we baked cookies, cupcakes in ice cream cones, prepared breakfast, etc.

I sure have not been the perfect Mom but I'm not finished yet!!!!! Just yesterday my Mom stated that once a Mom always a Mom. She was referring to helping my sister with her new baby. I agree with Mom. My Mom makes lots of memories for us. She is quirky and in her old age gets opinionated and drives us kids nuts but hey it's Mom!!! Smile, Mom....I know you are reading this :)

Hey before you jump in the covers tonight do something special for your family no matter how small!!!!!

7 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

There is nothing as precious as loving your family. When God gives us good ones, we need to shout from the mountain tops how special they are. Loved your post.

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Glad you enjoyed time with your family. The time spent with our family is priceless. Enjoyed your post.

Carrie Blair said...

Great post! I love when we all are together. I'm glad ya'll are getting time together! Love all ya'll!

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

The thing I miss most about traveling is time with my family and getting to prepare meals for them.
Be sure to eat at Lady and Sons if you can in Savannah. Have the buffet. It is country cooking and soooo good. Landon is still in hospital but going home soon I hope. His stomach was really distended tonight. We just got in today and are leaving Thrusday.
Love you...

iluv2prshim said...

How Fun! I too love being with my family. I've enjoyed each stage of 'Than and 'Nell's lives, and am now enjoying the "grown up" time just as you are.

Keith and Carla said...

Sounds like y'all had a blast! We love spending time together, also. Nothing like it!

Steven Saiz said...

There's nothing like family!! Great post!