Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I love travelling with my BOYFRIEND!!!!

We had a fun day taking our time getting to Greensboro. We decided to sleep in this morning and accomplished. Woo hoo!!! We slept to 6:35 CST. I was so proud. Since we were in the EST we slept to 7:35!!!

Our first stop after leaving the hotel was Krispy Kreme. Kent always makes sure I indulge in the finer things of life in doubles. His philosophy is if I gain weight I must gain weight evenly...hummmmm Anyway I used it to my advantage this morning and enjoyed a creme filled and a glazed doughnut. I took pics for my kiddos. I love you kids!!! Miss you bunches, too. Redonia, you are 'kewl' and I love your guts!!!!(insider)

Our next stop was the South Carolina Welcome Center. Then we stopped at Walterboro, SC. There we enjoyed the quaint downtown shops. The pic of the clock in the slide show was taken outside the Christmas Store in Walterboro. After a few stops for fuel, etc we stopped in Columbia, SC for lunch. It wasn't too great.... Later we stopped in Charlotte at a outlet mall. One outlet mall is like another so we left without any major purchases. The wild flowers along the way were beautiful. Enjoy the pic of them in the slide show.

We arrived @ the hotel around 7:00 pm. We enjoyed seeing friends and family. I better not name names or I'll miss some!!!! We saw my parents and Vicki and Tremayne. We went to dinner with Ken and Kay. We love being with family. We saw 2 of our nephews briefly, Kameron & Timo. Both were much too busy for me. We visited for a bit with Bro. & Sis. Guidroz. They always look great! We are still believing with them for Landon's healing. We sat in the lobby and visited with Elms and McLaughlins for quite a while. We enjoyed some good laughs. Mark Caruthers and his sister Karen visited with us a bit, too. Ok, I saw quite a few people and enjoyed chatting with each of them....I messed up by naming any...Overtons, Bro. Lewis from AL, Lewis from TX, Richardsons from FMD, Rhodenbushes from FMD, Rich Glass & family and on and on.....oh John Sanders but not Debbie yet, Shirley Henson, Donna Myre......I love to see people we only get to see at these special times. I know I didn't name nearly everyone but I enjoyed seeing everyone!!!

Ok, off to bed....Diane Green called and expects me @ church @ 10:00 in the morning. Why is it that @ conference I become a GOOD Conroe saint and tend to be late? lol I can't let my buddy down so I best head to bed. Kent got me coffee tonight and failed to get decaf like I normally get. I'm W-I-R-E-D!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the k-e-w-lest mom ever!! I love her guts!! *insider* haha for real tho.. shes the best and I do love her..

~Doni

Tracie Smith said...

ahhhh how sweet!!! Donie Monie I love your guts the mostest!!!! You are the bestest daughter in the whole wide world.....We miss you bunches and that's not and insider!!! Hey you teach me so much stuff like kewl and insider you keep me young!

Paula said...

Aww, you had to post pictures of Krispy Kreme??!!?? :) :) :)

Have a great time at GC!

Tracie Smith said...

Hey Paula! I saw your Mom today @ GC. Wish you were here, too. I had ANOTHER Krispy Kreme! There is one just down the street from the hotel. Hope you are having fun in Africa. Maybe you can get in some 'internet GC'.