Monday, October 6, 2008

I LOVE Church

Last night CUPC had CHURCH.

Yesterday Kent and I were talking and I told him I needed CHURCH. During pre-service prayer the presence of the Lord was really powerful. Of course when we pray God always meets us. Last night many were praying. In fact prayer service doesn’t begin until 6:00 pm but the music practice finished early and each of them began praying. Others had already arrived and began praying, too. God inhabited the praises of His people.

Just prior to service Kent had everyone meet him at the altar. He led us in a time of laying our cares at the altar of repentance. It wasn’t long until almost the entire congregation was speaking in other tongues. Wow the power of God was strong!

During our worship service we always have a scripture reader. Troy Blackmon did a great job of following his pastor’s lead in making sure the service was extraordinary. Our music team had worked hard to plan a great service. People responded to worship and soon the altars were full again with people worshiping God.

The minister’s began praying with people. It was obvious needs were met. Soon Kent asked people to gather in family units. He laid hands on every person in the sanctuary. Many wept and received victory while others danced and shouted. Kent endeavored to not leave anyone out. He even went into the drum cage! He called for the nursery worker, too. I know everyone appreciated the powerful display of the Spirit of God.

This morning I sent a thank you note to Calah, Trent, and Glenda Martin. I know they work hard to ensure our services are what they need to be. Last night as we all responded in prayer our musicians and singers kept leading. Of course each of them were prayed for by pastor, too. It was awesome watching them stop their task of singing or playing and respond. I love anointed musicians and singers! Thank you CUPC praise team for doing an OUTSTANDING job last night. You are the BEST!

I love being a one God, holy living, Apostolic, tongue talking, born again saint of God!!!! Nothing even compares…..

4 comments:

Carrie Blair said...

NOTHING compares!!! I treasure the wonderful presence of the Lord.

Love you.

Carrie Blair said...

One more thing....Bro. Blagg received wonderful blessings last night for his hard work in the field. Dad and brother worshipping in the altar. It was an awesome sight! God never fails to reward us for our labor. When we take care of others he always takes care of our needs....I love it! You can't out give or out do our God!!!

Keith and Carla said...

I love it, too!!!

Anonymous said...

Church was amazing sunday nite..
I really needed that!
I Love you