Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wonderful Day

I enjoyed a wonderful day! I went to bed around 2 AM and when the alarm went off @ 5AM I was already awake. I knew I need to rise early to ensure lunch was organized and the ovens were on time bake before leaving for the van route. We had a van and Suburban 'packed' with kids. The outreach kids enjoyed a puppet show, activities, and snack. The church and visiting grandchildren enjoyed a wonderful grandparent's celebration.

Our Music Department did a fantastic job this morning. They lead us in worship with a few older songs. We actually sang one song from the hymnal. The ensemble sang a medley which consisted of "O How I Love Jesus", "The Old Rugged Cross", and "Through It All". I think there was one more song but I can't remember it! I couldn't help but weep during these old powerful songs! We pastor a young church many may not have heard these songs before. Popsie, Redonia, and Gentry did a great job singing, too! Our Kidz Silent Praise Team was awesome!! The Kidz did a hip hop version of Amazing Grace. They jumped and spun around. The song ends abruptly. At the last 'sign' the team split and ran down both aisles! Lots of energy!!!

Our Grandparent's Treasures written for the Grands was 'over the top'. Kathleen Newton did an amazing job read each of them. One in particular needs to be published in the Texas District Magazine, the Herald, or Apostolic Man. I think I will work on it! The Grandparents did such a remarkable job that Kent was left with literally nothing to add to the service. He closed the service with our familes praying together. I loved as I watched Mom praying with my 13 year old neice, Hannah. Hannah had big tears. I KNOW across the sanctuary families united in prayer.

My family joined us for lunch at our home. We had a great time together. There was 32 persons seated at tables. Courtney helped me decorate all the tables in a fall theme with pumpkins, fall flowers, and scarecrows. Of course I was busy and did not take pictures. I will get some from Vicki and Redonia and post tomorrow.

After Mom left for church Vicki robbed a cute little table for 2 that Mom has adorned with a lacey cloth and lacey chair coverings. We ordered a beautiful Victorian birthday cake for Mom. We totally surprised her!!! Vicki decorated a corner of my living room Victorian just for Mom. She enjoyed all the birthday cards and especially the digital frame we gave her. We had the memory card loaded with pics of the family. She was so excited. Mom and Popsie got lots of Grandparent's Day cards, too. They really enjoyed their day with all the grands except two.

Not long after lunch was over and most of the family was gone I fell asleep on the sofa. I slept for a couple of hours. I woke up thankful that I had spent a couple of days preparing for our family. Everything was great and each of us had a great time together. I can't wait to post a pic of my Parents with the grandchildren. All 14 and soon to be 15 grands are blessed to have Grandparents who love them but most importantly love God.

I hope you enjoy a blessed week. You, my blogging friends are in my prayers!

4 comments:

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Well, I guess I have the whole picture now.......pictures from Vicki and the written account from you! I am just waiting to hear from your Mom!!! You have wonderful memories to cherish. Love you!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Well, I guess I have the whole picture now.......pictures from Vicki and the written account from you! I am just waiting to hear from your Mom!!! You have wonderful memories to cherish. Love you!

Deadra's Dialogue said...

AWESOME!!!

KAN said...

I laughed and laughed as I read your blog today.
I published mine admitting I was still such a baby absolutely loving - needing - attention, wanting - needing - so much praise just to make it sometimes. Then to open your blog, and you "mentioned my name". HAHA
Love you Sis Smith, and thanks for letting me be a part of such a great day!!!