Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Powerful Object Lesson

Cylinda Nickel works with the missionary kids of the UPCI. I know she has a 'position' but more importantly is the love and care she exhibits. During Timo's illness I had opportunity to 'meet' Cylinda. Now I frequent her blog.

Tonight I read one of the most incredible posts. Cylinda's daughter, Emma, disobeyed several times. Later Cylinda found an "I'm sorry note" from Emma. While I was more impressed with young Emma's apology note I was captivated with Cylinda's feelings towards the note.

Most adults struggle with condemnation after 'messing up'. We struggle forgiving ourselves. Cylinda likened how she felt when finding Emma's note to how God surely must feel when we make things right with Him. Wow!! I know Emma did not feel condemnation from Cylinda. Likewise, we do not feel condemnation from God. Of course, we ALL know this but just seeing the object lesson was MOST astounding to me. I intentionally did not adequately cover the details. You must read them in Cylinda's words.

Never again do I want to allow Satan's condemnation nor allow my human spirit to create those horrible feelings of condemation. Often we ask God to create a clean heart or renew a right spirit in us only to continue to feel separated or awkward because of the guilt or condemnation we tolerate.

Thanks, Cylinda, for being transparent and helping us all!! Please do read Cylinda's post...

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Cylinda is MOST AWESOME! Her writing style is awesome as well.

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Can you please tell us how to get to this blog? Would love to read it. Looked for it on your list but missed it if it is on there. I love
Francine River's book..."Redeeming love" that is a portrayal of Hosea and Gomar and is all about forgiveness. I try to read it once a year.

Carrie Blair said...

wow...I love transparency in a person. I believe it is a sign of true strength. There is nothing like being bathed in his presence. Thanks for referring us to her blog. Love you!

Tracie Smith said...

Sis. Guidroz, click on the last two words on my post that reads "Cylinda's post" It's a hyperlink to Cylinda's post. Cylinda is the office mgr for the MK Association. You may know her.

Cylinda Nickel said...

Tracie- Thanks for the sweet words- and for the referral. I am amazed at how HE teaches me daily - by the ones that I am to teach. Love you and thanks again.

God is our daily portion!