Friday, September 19, 2008

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....Uggggggggghhhhhhhh.....

We still do not have power, water, or sewer...... I'm beginning to feel a little frustrated. We are still @ Trent's 'shelter'. Thankfully, he got power this morning. It has now been one week since we've been either 'piled up' with people at our home or now we're piled up on the kids.

I've worked really really hard and now I'm exhausted. First it was preparing for the storm, then the storm and now today we've worked since 7 am at the church. I've endeavored to not wear out my welcome at Calah's by keeping the house clean, cooking, and even had the towels washed and folded for her...thank you, Ginger Gilchriest!!! We've had long trips for groceries spent way too much on fuel for the noisey generator and on and on and on and on I could fuss!

Kent and I checked with Conroe, Spring, Willis, Shenandoah, and The Woodlands hotels and there is no vacancy. We got a call today from FEMA that we are elgible for housing assistance since we are still without the basics. We can go to San Antonio or Dallas for availability but what would that prove???? Our church is a little far for that commute. Trent says we are fine here but I feel like we are on top of them.

We attempted to get a condo at the time share tonight but that failed, too. We will be there when they open @ 8:00 am. I know Redonia must be tired of sleeping on the floor. She's been on the floor for one week. Pray the condo will work and we can have a nice 2 bedroom condo on the lake. They have lots of nice ammenities that can be a diversion for Redonia, too.

My sweet friend, Diane called again today and wanted to know what she could do to help. I told her just send me some power! lol Seriously, we are fine. Gas is still not available everywhere but we are ok. We really are!

Ok, I've vented.....Now I'll go to sleep and wake up feeling better. Then all this gobbley goop will be posted for the world to read! ha

5 comments:

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Even the indomitable Tracie gets tired or it all sometimes....

Folks please pray for Tracie's husband....

Thanks all for praying for her....

And her husband.....

The Husband

Linda Elms said...

It's okay to "vent" every now and then! You've been a great "sport" in all of this. Remember...."this too shall pass"! We are praying for ya'll. I hope you can get a place of your "own" soon, or the power will come on! That would be the greatest thing to happen.

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

I know how you feel even though we haven't been there the whole time.
We finally got lights Thursday and got to spend the night in our own bed. It was wonderful. Someday this will be a memory to share with your grandchildren. We are praying for power soon. Love you...

Anonymous said...

Yes it's ok to vent! We all need that at times. We to have been without electricity and are prayerfully waiting for it to be back on. I'm just so thankful that we have a home to come back to, a church and that God has blessed us with "cooler" weather than usual! Thank you Jesus for that! I pray you will find somewhere to be comfortable until things get back to normal. It's so hard to have to depend on others. Blessings to you and your precious family and friends...

Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.