Thursday, September 18, 2008

Parking Lot Praise

Last evening it was refreshing to feel the presence of God as we sat outside and enjoyed the unusual cool Texas air. Redonia, Calah, and Trent led us in a a few worship songs. I watched as people lifted their hands in worship. Several of us began to cry as the kids led the first song. I needed the time not only with God but with my 'family'. Several cars slowed to listen and watch as we enjoyed a brief service.

One of the families came with their tithing envelope. Being a good pastor, Kent decided to take an offering. I think it was our longest offering ever. People left their chairs and went to find their checkbooks and wallets. Calah left to go home for hers. Kent paused and waited for everyone to prepare. This amazed me. Yesterday families came by and either gave Calah or Kent their tithes. I know these families love their church and just want to make sure that as they take care of their families their church is taken care of, too.

Kent spoke briefly about God's protection to each of us. In closing the kids led us in worship again as we joined hands and thanked God for His blessings. We enjoyed our time together. I prepared a table with cookie trays and candy. Kent had an ice chest with chilled Got Thirst Water. We enjoyed sharing God's goodness with one another. Though we have faced difficulty the past few days the talk was not about problems we have faced but rather God's goodness. Redonia took pictures but has not shared them with me. Once she does I'll post for your enjoyment.

Carl McLauhlin called Kent this morning to say the truck with fuel and food will be here tonight. Kent requested that they take the supplies to Orange where our friends the Wheelers pastor. Orange was recently hit by Gustav and now Ike. They are having more difficulties than Conroe. We felt we could be apart of the blessing by preferring our brother. Thanks, also, to our friends Bro. & Sis. Randy Stanton, Bro. & Sis. Mark Green and others for calling and offering to help. What would we do without our friends? Just knowing we have friends concerned means so much.

Conroe is beginning to recover. We now have 5 families with power!!!! This gives the rest of us hope. Some of these have offered for Kent and me to stay with them, do laundry, etc. For now we are fine with Trent. We will find an available washing machine really soon.

Tomorrow the heat is supposed to return. The high will be near 90 for the next few days. Today's high is 80. The heat will make things a little more uncomfortable. The fuel lines aren't as long. I guess people filled up and now aren't needing it as badly. Our grocery stores are open but do not have meats or frozen foods. The stores are running on generators. I hope today we will see a change.

Thanks for keeping the coastal area is your prayers! We will recover!!!!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Where did you get the water? God is so great. It is amazing how He is using ya'll! Keep it up! Love and prayers and praise to God! Stephanie Egan

Anonymous said...

As I sit here and read your blog I am crying.God is so good! I am praying for all of you.

Sis Michelle

Linda Elms said...

Tracie, as I read your post today tears came to my eyes with thankfulness to our God, and thankful that ya'll are doing better. As you described the service last night I felt His presence. What an awesome God we serve! He loves and cares for His children. You all are still in our prayers! Love you!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Isn't it just like God to prepare your church with "Got Thirst" water! When the souls of Conroe start thirsting for the Living Water, they'll know where to turn.

Tracie Smith said...

Stephanie, good to hear from you cuz! Redonia is a graphics designer and designed our church logo. She and our Admin Assist. made the label and we used a private label water company to label it for us. It looks really nice. Our color scheme is a taupe/gold and black. The bottles have black caps on them. Of course all of our church info is on the label. Go to the Got Thirst site from either my blog or our church site to see more. We have really gotten milage from the water. Of course it's been a blessing to many during Ike. Tell all the family in the great state of Alabama hello for me. I love you all oodles and oodles!!!!!

Sis. Elms, we regret having to postpone our services with you and Bro. Elms. Conditions still aren't good here. Hopefully your schedule will not be too full for us in a few wks. I keep striking out on seeing you! Maybe you should drive over for a day! :)

Dee said...

We remain in prayer with you all. Your comments have given better insight into how to pray. Thank you.

Stephanie said...

Tracie,
I love the water! It is a great outreach tool. ( Which I know was the point!)
We have loved being able to "keep up" with all that is going on. I am on an extended maternity leave so I can check each day and let everyone else know what is happening. (one day I will tell you how I was not supposed to have my boy!) We are so proud of ya'll and the great tradition you have been carrying on. Some people squander their inheritence...Some re-invest it and make it grow much larger than the original sum. Ya'll have not only carried on from our Grandparents, but you all have made their investment in the Truth grow so much. I miss them so. Love you, Steph

Steven Saiz said...

I enjoyed reading about your service. I think it's awesome that in spite of all that is going on, you guys had it anyway! We continue to pray for you all!