Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wisdom, He is mindful of me!

Yesterday Kent and I had several people pray for us. As I listened to different people pray they all prayed the exact same thing....for God to give wisdom. In addition I had a very wise person call me.

About 5 pm, I was talking to a dear lady from our church in the parking lot. I was holding my cell phone and the phone rang. I went to silence the call since I was in conversation. When I looked at the Caller ID it stated "Smith Cell Her". Bursting from my lips was I must take this call this person has a word from God for me. Where did that come from? First off my Mother-in-law rarely calls me. She isn't a phone person, in fact she is a person of very few words. I quickly left the person I was conversing with and answered the phone. MaMaw is a very much to the point person and said, "Tracie WHAT is going on?" I then said "I don't know but you tell me why you are calling."

MaMaw proceeded to tell me that she just wanted me to know she loved me and was praying for me and God was going to help and give me wisdom. She asked again in that mothering voice which she rarely uses with me what was going on. I told her a little about some concerns of mine. She stopped me and said "Tracie, God is going to give you wisdom." I then asked, "Who have you talked to?" She said no one. I asked had anyone talked with PaPaw. She said no. I asked have my children talked to you. She said no. Of course Redonia was at college and Trent and Calah had been with us. I asked has Kent talked to you or anyone. Finally in frustration, "Tracie, I have not spoken to anyone but all day long I have tried to communicate with you." She said, "I sent you a personal email to let you know but it bounced back." Interesting because we do 'family email talk' you know all the siblings, in-laws and married grands. We got 2 or 3 emails from her yesterday so why would the personal one bounce back. I do know we had email trouble on Monday but I got emails and sent them all day Tuesday (yesterday)....strange. She said she knew she needed to call me.

I never cease to be amazed at how this works. The skeptic could say "Oh I read on your blog that you were with them Sunday." Yes that is true but even when I told my mother in law of my concerns. She was in shock because she didn't realize we were dealing with anything Sunday.

Early yesterday Kent felt the need for increased prayer. He decided to send an email inviting the church family to meet us for prayer Saturday. He then asked me to call and invite the Fergusons, Trent & Calah, and Glenda Martin to our home. His purpose was we have all been self centered due to the storm and have missed church. These people are our worship/music leaders, plan our services, etc. Kent wanted us to pray together that tonight's service and the weekend would be anointed. My parents live next door. I'm not sure if they happened by or if Kent invited them over but they joined the prayer. During the prayer Kent asked these people to lay hands on us and pray. I heard the men each begin to pray for God to give us wisdom.

After everyone left I began to think that the wives classes @ TBC, growing up in a pastor's home, being an assistant pastor's wife, nor 17.5 years of pastoring still has not trained me for somethings. I began to do my nightly devotion. I have a few places Ienjoy for devotionals. Following is something I found:

The Pastor's wife is the only woman I know who is asked to work full time without pay on her husband's job, in a role no one has yet defined. Ruthe White

I Am the Preacher's Wife
I am the woman who proudly sits in the shadows as her husband stands in the light. I am the one who knows her husband is a gift from God, and so I give him back to my Lord through his full-time service.

Often times, I am so lonely for him because I share him with others.
But I am also pleased that he gives of himself so unselfishly. I am the one who encourages the preacher when others sometimes fail to. I am the one who listens to his dreams for the church
and helps him look into the future and see his dreams become a reality.

And when others wonder if he really cares, I am the one who sees him on his knees, shedding tears for the future of the Lord's church.

I went to bed slept all night - amazing! This morning during my my routine devotion time I went to a devotional site that simply posts a word and a scripture for each day. Following is today's devotion:

Wisdom
Proverbs 21:30 (New International Version)
30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD.


Proverbs 21:30 (Amplified Bible)
30There is no [human] wisdom or understanding or counsel [that can prevail] against the Lord.


Proverbs 21:30 (King James Version)
30There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.


Today and everyday I pray that I will operate with His wisdom. I am thankful He was mindful of me yesterday. I know today He will be mindful of me, in fact I KNOW tomorrow He will be mindful of me.

To my fellow minister's wives blogging friends, He is mindful of us. I know each of you understand my post today. I love each of you and pray for you my dear friends.

7 comments:

Dee said...

Thank you...That's all I can really think to say presently...Thank you for sharing those thoughts.

Denise

Anonymous said...

Thank You!!

Misti Ferguson said...

"If any man lack wisdom let him ask of God who giveth to all men freely and upbraideth not."
I know without doubt that God's word cannot be anything but true...
We love ya'll and continue in prayer for you...

Keith and Carla said...

Thank you for sharing!

Mandy said...

Thank you for sharing! As a younger minister's wife you sometimes tend to look at those ahead of you on the journey and think they don't have any of the struggles that we have although having grown up in a minister's home lets me know that it's not all roses and fried chicken! I do appreciate you sharing this with me! I have been inspired to be a better encourager and support to my wonderful husband than ever before! Thank you again!

Anonymous said...

I think the Lord has mercy on pastor's wife. Many times we have had God show us situations in prayer in which we did not know existed but because we were in prayer and listening He helped us to know the problem and the solution. I will pray for you both wisdom and knowledge. God is so good to us.

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Thanks for sharing