Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ramblings of my Week

Aren't we all busy these days? My days have been fleeting ever so swiftly. I can't tell you one thing that has been the primary source but I just seem to be busy. Administratively we are busy at the church. We have fall socials for the life groups and a church-wide fall outing; a Thanksgiving Service to finalize; Christmas parties, banquet, program, décor; coordinate next year’s church calendar; prayer meetings, outreach, and a few special services. On top of all these things we have General Conference, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Last year our church gave several needy families Thanksgiving food boxes. In addition, each box had a beautiful Christmas wreath. This year I intend to launch a toy drive for our outreach children. Many of these children are at-risk children. Some of them have very definite financial needs in their families. I want these children to know CUPC loves them.

Redonia has been busy with her many responsibilities. She has been very excited about an English class she is taking. This class encompasses both reading and writing. Additionally, she has two large weddings including bridal and engagement pictures the next couple of months. She loves taking pics! Of course, Redonia assists with the graphics of the church. All the events and parties means lots of graphics. She and Deadra have a couple of websites to build, too. These girls KNOW how to work! Today Redonia fell apart on us. I guess it’s ok to have an “I’m not a rubber band moment”. Tonight, she was happy as a little lark at dinner. Our dinner times are fun times. Well, they are still lonely without Mr. T. but fun anyway.

Trent and Calah are most busy, too! These kids amaze me. Calah is taking music lessons every week. Then both are a vital part of the CUPC music team. Well, Redonia, too! They are all busy tonight practicing. I love the effort they make. Trent and Calah work hard for our youth, too. Of course from day today they work at the church and school. You name it and Trent does it – maintenance, lead services, coordinate many things, Youth Pastor, Sunday School teacher, drummer, flunky, etc. Calah has learned to multi-task and help, too. I have worried about her with all the upcoming events. My kids have been raised this life of stretch, pull, and stretch some more. Calah doesn’t complain and just keeps right on going. In fact she contributes much to ideas and planning.

During the storm I had to cook every meal since we had no restaurants for several days. My family got hummmm, spoiled. I love cooking but find myself too busy to do so most days. Since the storm I’ve committed to cooking more. Redonia and Kent love it. Tonight we had a yummy meal of Seasoned Grilled Pork Steaks, Hash brown Casserole, Green bean Casserole, Rolls, and Iced Tea. I’m not much of a casserole person. Tonight it just sounded good! Kent and Redonia really loved it. It’s fun to cook for people who enjoy what you prepare.

Oh, today I’ve been really busy learning to use my new Blackberry Curve. It’s an awesome tool/toy. I’m not super technical so Deadra and Redonia had to help me out a little or maybe it was a lot. I love its features. Deadra had an IPhone and switched. She convinced me that I NEEDED one, too. Since my phone was messed up it didn’t take a lot of effort to talk me into it. I rarely get things for myself. I would rather give to Trent, Redonia, and Calah. The lady at AT&T laughed. My phone had a ‘Cingular’ logo on it. She said that phone hasn’t been manufactured in a really long time.

Ok, I know I haven’t blogged in a few days. Maybe all the ramblings of this post will catch me up. I have been thinking of a few powerful comments Kent shared in our Sunday Services maybe I’ll write about some of them soon. I hope each of you are having an awesome week!

3 comments:

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Thanks for "catching us up" on your life. I figured you were having too much fun playing with that new baby..lol. I too have been too busy running to blog. Am going to try to get to it today...my only day hoe this week. You make me hungry talking about cooking. Sometimes I wish I were home to cook. I get soooo tired of restaurants.
Let me know if you like your blackberry. At this point I am sold on my iphone. It got me to the hotel in San Antonio for our planning session without a hitch and I get my email, etc. Maybe it is technical enough for this grandma..LOL.
Love you

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Tracie...how do I edit a comment. I left the m out of home. I type so fast and don't always reread what I have typed...

Cylinda Nickel said...

Praying the LORD sends you extended hours- that is where you have your given 24 but it feels like you get double the amount done in 1/2 the time- Hey if he could stop the clock for others ....why not us :)

Love ya-
Cylinda