Saturday, September 13, 2008

Update

Please keep everyone in your pryaers! There's no telling how long until power, water, phones -land & cell, etc. is restored. I have only been on my front and back porches and can tell it's bad. Kent went and checked the church campus. He did not go into buildings but from the surface it appears all is well other than several trees are down. Trent and Calah have a couple of trees down, too.

We live in a gated subdivision. Our entrance has flag poles and trees down as well as the homes through out the subdivision. The wind is still very strong so I know the damage is not finished. Redonia and a few other family members have gone exploring. Of course, Redonia has at least one camera with her. I'll post some pictures later.

A 10 year old boy from a nearby community lost his life as his father was attempting to clear some limbs prior to the storm. A limb fell sapparently striking him on the boy on the head. I can't even imagaine what this family must be feeling. The trauma of the storm was great enough besides this tremendous lost. Keep this family in prayer.

We have a grill and I'm certain we will fair well food wise. We have too many snacks! What a temptation! I must admit not having water or sewage is the largest inconvenience.

We will begin clean up efforts once the rain stops. Kent has a chain saw and I'm sure it will be used not only at our home, subdivision, church, or Trent's home but at the homes of others. In times like these everyone becomes family.

6 comments:

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Tracie, thanks for the report. I am praying for the family who lost the young boy. Just be safe and let us know how things are going. I am praying that Kristi will be okay till some of the clean up is done. I have KHOU.com on my computer so I am seeing pictures and hearing news. Love you, Susy

Anonymous said...

Tracie, is Andrew still with you? I wish I could hear from him!
Thank for sheltering him!!!
Cynthia

A Southern Belle living on the West African Coast AGAIN!! said...

To all of our friends you are in our prayers. As we were at prayer meeting tonight and I was praying for you... my heart was heavy thinking... oh they won't be able to have church tomorrow. But I know that the presence of the Lord will be with you all. We are so thankful for God's protection on you, your families, and church. We trust everyone in the church is well also. Tremayne & Vicki will know how to church with no power! I am sure they will get a service going in no time tomorrow African style if you give them a chance!

God bless you...

Sis. Lyna

Paula said...

Glad you all are safe! Praying for the 'recovery' process to go well...and quick return of power! Haven't heard from the Clenney's this morning (my time) but as of Saturday morning (your time) they were out of power, but safe.

Karen J. Hopper said...

If anything beautiful can come out of tragedy, it is the closeness of people becoming one united family. My heart goes out to all but in particular the family that lost their son. What heartache they are enduring. Praying that utilities and conditions improve quickly.

Anonymous said...

You all are in my prayers. God is so good. So happy that you are all ok. God's 'hedge' is so magnificent. I will be praying for the family of the 10-year-old boy, that is so sad. GOD BLESS!!!