Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday


Happy birthday to you, Mom! Yesterday we surprised Mom with a beautiful "Victorian" style cake at our family's grandparent's day dinner. We had 32 of our family at our home for the special occassion. Mom loves to celebrate and I hope she enjoyed the surprise we planned for her.

Mom is not only a good Mom but an awesome Grammy, too! She loves to cook and spend time with her family. Mother loves her 'pretty' house. It is very Victorian and resembles a Victorian Tea Room. All the mess drives me totally insane! I'm a very traditonal straight lined person. Mom loves romantic style clothing, too. Aaahhhhh it's just to sweet for me! ha

Mother is faithful to God and church. Trust me she preaches to some of us often. Scott probably catches it most but....he calls her 100 times a day! lol

I tease her because she washed Micah's baby clothes, Kyleigh's clothes, and Madeline and Gentry's clothes. She never washed Redonia and Trent's. I KNOW I KNOW .... I was a stay at home Mom and I had time to do it myself. Well actually by the time Trent was one I went to work but that's okay, Mom! She has always been there for each of us children in different ways. My Dad passed away when Mom was only 35. Mom was left with 4 children. She did a fantastic job of finishing what she and dad begun together. Of course years and years later Mother remarried. We love Popsie!

Mom, I love you and hope this will be the BEST YEAR EVER!!!!

11 comments:

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Happy Birthday, Sis. Patrick!!! We love you. I'm glad you & Ashlynn share this special day.

Linda Elms said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I hope you have "blessed year"!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sis Patrick. It was so good to see you and your family at the baby shower this weekend. May the Lord continue to bless you and your family. Love you!
Sis Hernandez-Pasadena

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

My mother n law is older than dirt

Vicki said...

It was a happy day - she is like a mother hen and she had almost all of her little chickens gathered in one spot and many of them at church with her on Sunday as well. Happy B'day mother!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Happy Birthday Sis Patrick.

Tracie Smith said...

Thanks everyone for joining me in wishing Mom a happy birthday! We enjoyed a great celebration Sunday. Love you all...

Jill Crow said...

Sis. Smith, I just wanted to say I enjoy reading your blogs and read them everyday. YOu have a gift of writing and I hope one day I can do the same. Keep up the blogs and God Bless.

Tracie Smith said...

Hey Jill!!! Welcome! You need to start blogging. It's a great way to keep up with friends. Love you!

Misti Ferguson said...

Happy belated Birthday, Sis. Patrick! Bro. Ferg and I love you and Bro. Patrick so much!

Yvette said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Sis Patrick,
Happy Birthday to youuuuuu!!!!

Love you lots!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm late