Thursday, April 30, 2009

Southern & Loving It!

Ok, I'm a Southern girl to the core! What does that mean to you Northern and Western friends? Well I love Southern hospitality, care, foods, and friends. There is nothing like enjoying a ice cold glass of Strawberry Lemonade on a hot day. Also there is nothing like enjoying a delish cupcake.

Our last day in Denver we had the convertible open and were enjoying driving around town on a nice breezy afternoon. We were in search of Cherry Creek Shopping District which to all my fellow Houstonians reminded me of Rice Village except there is also a indoor mall in the district. I was looking down when all of a sudden Kent stops abruptly. He cheerfully exclaimed, "Surprise!"....(another thing Southern girls love...surprises!) I noticed in the little shopping center was a cute cupcake shop. We left the top open on the car and briskly walked into the cutest lil shop! Each of us got a cupcake and a bottle of water. I promised the owner I would give her some accolades on my blog. If you are ever in the area please do stop by. You will be so glad you did.

Today I got to the office and there was the cutest platter of cupcakes with four yummy cupcakes. Yes, being the Southern girl that I am I enjoyed one for breakfast. I've already had another for snack. Thank you Carrie Blair for the sweet surprise. I love sweets, surprises, and Carrie!!!!! What a winning combination with me! You can check out my Charming Hospitality Blog for the recipes. I'm not sure if I like the frosting or the cupcake best!


Southern girls love parties and giving gifts. I'm glad I have a church full of girls who are either Southern or I'm transforming them!!!! Actually they far surpass me in their Southern Charm. I'm glad my girls are Southern girls, too! Today I met Redonia for a lil business venture. I looked at her and thought how cute...she is wearing a cute lil outfit with the cutest sandals. They look like what this Southern Belle wore in the 70's! When I returned to the office there sat Kent eating a popsicle (another Southern treat) brought to him as a surprise from Calah.
Aahhhh today has been a beautiful day...a day for cleaning around the church, singing and humming, and enjoying a lil Southern life.....The deep South is full of sunshine! Today I even wore a VERY bright yellow top!!!! I guess I just woke up feeling a lil southern....

Blogging friends I hope the Southern sunshine is shining your way.....

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sis. Smith, you are soooo welcome!! The truth is I am learning to think of others more because of your wonderful example of giving. I love you so very much.

Redonia is super cute. I hope her inteview went well.

Amy said...

Sis. Smith, you might be gaining a son-n-law soon....