Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

This has been a wonderful Easter weekend. Yesterday Kent drove the bus for me and a few excited youth and young adults. The bus was filled to capacity. We were so thankful. The kids enjoyed a wonderful Easter Egg Hunt, refreshments, fun and games, and the Easter Story told by Matt Newton using Resurrection Eggs.

Today we had a wonderful Easter Service. Trent and Calah put together a powerful worship service. Our choir and muscians did an amazing job. Evangelist Mark Winters preached a wonderful sermon. Five persons were baptized and three received the Holy Spirit. What a resurrection! Kent has pushed for this to be a week of resurrection for many people. His goal has certainly been met. After church our Great Room was converted into a dining hall. Many people were feed a traditional Easter lunch including ham and turkey. Deadra and I prepared Easter Goodie Bags. Joseph, one of our men, told me ladies would like them but the men probably wouldn't get excited about them. Well, much to Joseph's surprise the men were really excited! Thanks, Deadra, for helping me with this project.

I prepared pretty Easter baskets for my children. Of course the bunny couldn't deliver Trent and Calah's so I had to deliver it to church to them. I think all three of my children loved their baskets. Everyone enjoys surprises!

Two of my nieces asked me to hide eggs for them this afternoon. No one can resist Madeline and Kyleigh. I miss the days of finding plastic eggs all over my house for weeks following Easter. I missed dying eggs this year, too.

Hopefully in a day or two I will find time to create a slide show of a few glimpses of our weekend. It has been a glorious Easter. I hope you have enjoyed a resurrected saviour, too.

2 comments:

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

You coulda dyed some eggs for me....

There is nothing better than boiled easter eggs with lots of black pepper.....

Anonymous said...

Tracie,

We're so excited to hear what God is doing at CUPC!!! It increases our faith that what He's doing in TX, he can do here in GA! We had 25 for our first Easter. God moved in such a special way - it was so exciting to see Him touch lives in the service!! We are so thankful for all God has done these past two months here in Cordele! Can't wait to hear more about CUPC--keep the reports coming, they sure encourage us!

Love ya,
Rhonda