Friday, April 24, 2009

Blogging & Blessings Continue

Thanks for the MANY encouraging phone calls, texts and emails I have received today. I've been contacted by friends, family, pastor's and pastor's wives, and CUPC members. Blogging will continue as are blessings continuing.....

Kent has shoes with worn soles, etc. Yesterday I insisted that he purchase a new pair of shoes. He didn't want to spend the money on himself but we found some he liked in Denver and I insisted. I told him yesterday that God is going to provide a needed suit, too. Kent gives away to others continually. We delight ourselves in the Lord and God knows our needs and more specifically the scripture states He will give us the desires of our heart.

This morning Kent had a follow up appointment on his diabetic condition with his physcian. I enjoyed visiting in the office with one of our sweet ladies. We are believing Kent's labs are going to be fine, another desire of his heart. He has taken himself off some of his medications. He has prayed for a long time to be healed. He is working on himself and trusting God for the miracle. Please join us in believing for the miracle.

Upon arriving at the church office he found on his desk an envelope addressed to him and a check written to him in excess of $800. He immediately smiled and we realized that this will FAR more than purchase a suit for him. Last night we gave someone $28 to help with a need they had. Last week Kent had me write a check to put in the offering at District Conference. The next service they took a special offering and we complied with that offering even though we had given a sizeable offering the night before. I realize more and more that we simply can't out give God. The check Kent received will repay our special offerings above and beyond our normal tithes and offerings, the money we gave someone last night, Kent's suit and I'm sure the shoes, too.

Thank you, Lord, for your blessings. At the Texas District Conference I fondly referred to Nona Freeman's book Bug and Nona on the Go. I stated during our years of beginning the curch in Conroe we survived many dark days. What I didn't state was we had many days that we literally didn't know where our next meal would come from nor the fuel for our vehicle. We have always put God and the church first. When friends had nice homes we lived in homes not so nice. While friends drove nice cars we drove cars in need of repair. However, we didn't seem to notice what we didn't have. Rather we knew what God was doing in Conroe. Now 18 years later is seems as God has more than leveled the playing field. Yes, we live in a beautiful two story home. We drive a nice Lexus but we still definitely give porportionately to the work of God. Not only does CUPC participate in 100 percent of the District offerings but we participate personally by giving to CUPC and the District. Kent teaches the homeless members of CUPC to always try to at least give a coin in the offering. One by one they are beginning to testify to God blessing them. Some have gained housing while others are saving for housing. A few wks ago one of the homeless ladies stated she gave her last change in the offering but before leaving church that day someone had given her $2.00. She was so happy that she was leaving with more than she came with. Many times the blessings given to us have not been financial but rather health, protection, and friends. Regardless God's blessings always outweigh any offering or sacrifice we make.

Friends, I'm thankful for EVERY blessing in my life. I pray each of you enjoy a blessed weekend. God is not limited to Conroe. Regardless to your location - Pennsylvania, Florida, California, New York, Louisianna overseas or any other city or state God is a miracle worker....He has a blessing for you! Remember to GIVE this weekend....Luke 6:38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

SIDE NOTE: I have Holy Ghost chills all over me! Kent is listening live to an Acts 29 Conference in Virginia. Bro. Morton Bustard is preaching thru an interpreter. Just as I copied Luke 6:38 and posted it to my blog Bro. Bustard quoted the very scripture. He is stating that God is going to sweep thru with revival and infillings of the Spirit....he is stating right now I BELIEVE anything can happen. You can touch Him right now. You can be healed right now! Oh my WOW!!!

I'm in agreement...I'm releasing my faith...for greater things will happen in Conroe than has previously been happening...greater things can happen in your life, too! The enemy has come to destroy but Jesus is going to raise up a church. Our families and churches are going to be set free! Just as God shut the mouths of the lions and they didn't devour Daniel so is the mouth of the enemy going to be shut so the work of God will prosper!!!! There is an abudant harvest. I believe the fields of evangelism are ready to harvest. They are white! We must stay in the Word, stay humble, stay busy in the kingdom, we must stay focused on God's will.....BLESSINGS are continuing.......

3 comments:

Linda Weldon said...

Yes, Sis. Smith - I believe it! The mouth of the enemy IS going to be shut! There is an abundant harvest and God's blessings WILL continue! Love you!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Sis. Smith, I read your blog almost everyday. I can relate to God's blessings and the lean times. When I was single I was the church secretary for 10 years. As anyone who has worked for a church knows, I did not make a great amount of money. BUT I was faithful in my work and in my tithe and offerings. My pastor, Bro. Vaughn Morton, told me "the blessings of God are going to overtake you." Every time God sends a new blessing my way, I think "here God goes again, overtaking me with His blessings!"

We should never be ashamed to proclaim and thank God for His blessings! Your blog is a blessing to me!

Anonymous said...

I was in Little Rock Ark. a few weeks back and went to church with the family we were visiting where Bro. Lumpkin is pastor (their home church) Bro. James Larson was preaching that Sunday and preched the most incredible message titled, "The Key to Dynamic Living is Dynamic Giving".
My friend sent me the CD so my husband could listen to it. On our way home from Tulsa yesterday we listened to it...... MY WORD it is powerful and Faith Building. I know and learned a LONG time ago that you can never, never, never out give God! If more people would get the concept to this there would be no end to what God could and would do for us both financially and spiritually. This was instilled in me as a child and I have preached this to my kids all their lives! You CAN NOT outgive God!!! Just this week we have recieved unexpected money in the mail and more than covers some things that we have done for others in the last few days. It is so simple just obey God's still small voice or nudging when you feel led to do something for others and it will always come back in some way too you.

love,
Mom/Shirley Patrick