Monday, April 27, 2009

Rain...mud puddles.....life....

Rain is so necessary but I hate the mud puddles! Our front yard looks like a lake. Ike didn't cause the yard to flood like today's rain storm. Speaking of the natural rain causing flooding so does the spiritual rain. The flooding is pretty cool...everything just floats along pretty good but those mud puddles aren't so much fun!

Today has been MONDAY in every sense of the word. I KNOW you pastor's wives can relate. Harvest, yes! Blessings, yes! Mud puddles, yes!!! When we don't make it to the office until 10 AM you know it's been one of THOSE mornings.

I'm thankful for the natural rain this evening. I rushed in and before even sitting down I swept the floors, straightened everything up, and changed the sheets. Then I lit several candles, turned on some relaxing music, reclined my feet and up hopped Mr. Bishop to pout beside me. The other house occupant (I won't call any names) has been snoring since before 7 pm in his chair. I'm thinking sleep will leave him shortly and he will mess up a good night's rest. I've enjoyed catching up on some Bible reading and working on a few CARE projects.

Redonia is STILL gone. We miss her so much. Last night I had this Mother worry feeling for her. This morning she called to tell me she has had a headache almost the entire time she's been in Arkansas. Of course she left her migraine prescription meds here. She did take some over the counter meds and is better this evening. Ugghhh I hate that she struggles with headaches. Of course it's something she has dealt with since she was only 2. No big deal to her! She's a TOUGH trooper.

Ok...let me share a pic of a not so tough trooper with you....He's really really pitiful since Redonia's gone. We took him to visit Madeline this afternoon. When Madeline opened the door he got soooooo excited. It was so cute watching him run and play. Madeline cuddled him and even Mallorie played with him. We brought him home and the first place he went was Redonia's room. Poor little puppy! Isn't he adorable though? This is the Bishop with Mallorie's pacifier....They share the same birthday. I think they need to share their 1 year old birthday party, too!

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Oh...the picture is adorable. Pupplies are so sweet.

Sis. Susan Roen said...

I absolutely, positively LOVE the picture of your Bishop. I would just love to cuddle him.....but Opie, my black poodle, would be a bit jealous, although he does know how to share.

~Violet~ said...

I love your music! Sometimes I just log onto your blog & minimize it & just let your music play in the background while I'm working.
Thanks for all your encouragement.
I don't have access to a computer except at work so by Monday I can't wait to read your uplifting words & find out what happened at your church on Sundays! You are a blessing to me!

Jana Allard said...

I love it!!! The pic is too cute. Blake has a pic of our puppy with a pacifier, too. You can see it at www.blakeallard.blogspot.com