Thursday, April 2, 2009

Be Encouraged He is an Awesome God

What a privilege to know an AWESOME God! Life will not always be perfect nor will it always be victorious but He is an AWESOME God. This morning I sit here in my chair reflecting on His AWESOME power in my life. I realize that while Kent and I are in a blessed time of revival we have not always lived in this realm. The times of pressures, trials, and problems did not mean he was not an AWESOME God.

Yesterday Kent and I talked about a brief time in our lives when we weren't involved in full-time ministry. It seemed during that time everyone asked where we were and what we were doing. The many questions became intimidating. I also remember a time here in Conroe when we struggled greatly. It was during that time everyone asked how we were doing. Again the questions were intimidating. The ones asking the questions never meant to be intimidating but pressures of life had us discouraged.

This morning, I want to encourage someone. Though you may be going thru a trial please know He is still an AWESOME God. I can truthfully say during times of pressure in my life I have looked at others and thought if they can do it so can I. Never look at others with jealousy or allow their victories to get you down. Rather realize God is not a respector of persons and what He is doing for others He will do for you. Sure it may be a few days before you receive your miracle or victory but hold on my dear friend. Your miracle is on its way!

When I was expecting Trent I had many complications. The doctors felt they would surely lose me, Trent, or both of us. It was a scarey and pressured time in our lives in many ways. The thought came to me one day look at everyone that is alive on the earth. They were born of a mother. This comforted me. Rather than think of how many die in childbirth or how many infants don't survive I chose to look at how many survived. Set your eyes today on another person's blessing and know the blessing is yours to receive, too!

Today God is an AWESOME God. Kent and I have received miracles this week. We have been praying for a certain miracle involving the church finances. This week it was met. Yes it was the last day that we had prayed for it to be met but it was met. The truth of the matter the deadline was our deadline and not anyone elses but God met our deadline! We baptized three more persons last night. A total of sixteen for the week. I visited with a lady whom I have prayed many prayers for yesterday. She came by the church and brought her boys to see me. They were some of our virst bus children. Later they moved away. Yesterday Sean stopped by to tell me they are back in Conroe. I thought they were going to be at church last night. I BELIEVE they will come Sunday. The Mom is hungry for more of God. Again last night we had many adults crying out to God in our altars. Some were visitors and others were people who come regularly.

Friend, please be encouraged today. We serve and AWESOME God. KNOW that God is AWESOME. What He is doing for me He will do for YOU!!!!! My prayer this morning is that today I can be an encouragement to someone. No I may not have the answers or solutions to your problems but I KNOW who has them. It is our AWESOME GOD!

6 comments:

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Once again, you have chosen some important thoughts to share with us. I remember really LOW times in the growth of my church too.....and most of all, I really that God was faithful then as He is during the revival times. Love you!

Lynda said...

Have you been reading my mail? LOL Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, our God is AWESOME!

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

Wow, You were used of God to speak to me today. We also are in a time of revival right now and God has answered some of my prayers in the last few days which I am extremely thankful for, but I needed to hear what you had to say today. I have come to love your blog and have it on my blogroll.

GT said...

Enjoyed you blog Sister,

I especially appreciate what you said about changing your perspective on childbirth and how we all did indeed come from a mom. I am expecting and worried, thank you for the encouragment!

Yvette said...

Great post Sis Smith!

Love you,
Yvette

Carrie said...

Such an awesome post about our awesome God from an awesome pastors wife!!! I love you!