Monday, April 20, 2009

Miracle & Blessings

Friday night @ Texas District Conference I had the privilege of visiting with a dear friend, Mandy Elms. Mandy is a beautiful lady who obviously serves the Lord passionately. I love watching her worship in church! During our visit Mandy fussed at me for not posting more pictures. My EXCUSE was that my camera is too big to carry around in my purse. I went on to explain that carpenters live in homes that are in need of repair, mechanics have cars needing repair, and I live with a photographer (Redonia) hence I don't get pictures. Mandy's suggestion was that I buy myself a small camera and keep in my purse.

I told Kent of Mandy's suggestion. Kent is a fixer and he said, "Tracie, go tomorrow and buy yourself a camera." Of course, I'm a mizer and told him this week isn't a good week. We paid taxes, I went to the doctor with my leg, and I made a $500 error in my checking account. Kent also paid our missions pledge. Of course the pledge came from our monthly bill $$ and that stressed me. I told Kent I was going to pray and ask God to send me a check from somewhere unexpectedly and I would buy a camera. That night I truly prayed and asked God to help me get a camera.

Sunday morning early Kent called me from the church. He said in a very excited voice, "Tracie, you are not going to believe this. Do you remember praying for God to send you a check? Well there's an envelope addressed to you and a check made out to you for $957. I want you to go today and buy yourself a new camera." Wow!!! Wow!!! We went after church and bought a camera. After the purchase I had more than enough to cover our missions, too. Honestly, this was the first month ever that I felt we just couldn't make our pledge but Kent paid it anyway.

Now for the funny part. I had the camera last night at church BUT there was entirely too much going on for me to slow down to take pictures. Deadra, counted this morning and we have had 88 people to be baptized since February 7. We know for a fact that in the beginning we missed several people's names. Today Kent and Trent have baptized 4 more persons. Our total is now at 92 persons. Have we retained them all? No, but we are seeing most of them over and over again. Many of them have been filled with the baptism of the Spirit. We are so excited.

Last night's service was the most amazing yet. Our back pew was filled with young adults. There were young ladies and men about the ages of my children. They were weeping and praying at their pew. Some had multiple piercings and very far out tatoos. Several of them left the pews and went to the altar with their hands raised to God. One dropped to his knees and wept and cried saying he had never felt anything like what he was feeling. He was baptized and returned to his seat. Later he went back to the altar and wept and cried. These were obviously very hard living men and ladies. They have promised to be back this week. I KNOW God is going to work in their lives.

Additionally, Trent and Matthew have found out about a group of 2000 'couch hoppers'. These are young people still in school that are homeless. They go from friends house to friends house and park to park without a home of their own. We are praying for an in-road to these many teens. Please pray for Trent and Matthew to have wisdom and guidance from God in this new venture.

Ok...I must stop....just keep praying for the revival to continue!

Tomorrow Kent and I fly to Denver for the memorial service of one of our sweet men, Lafe Mckinney. We are going to stay over for an extra day. Our plans are to ride the train to the top of Pike's Peak. This is an elevation of over 14,000 ft. Last week Denver had over 20 inches of snow. Maybe we will see snow on the mountain! I will post pics using my new camera!!!!

9 comments:

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Tracie, I can hardly wait to read your blog, especially on Sunday nights and Mondays because so many exciting things are happening!!! It gives me more faith....just to hear what God is doing for you in Conroe!!! Have a wonderful sidetrip in Denver. My brother and sister in law have a condo in the area....and know from my trips there, that it is beautiful. So, enjoy!!! Love you!!

Jeanine said...

Tracie,
You definitely have a Faith Promise testimony! I am going to tell Kevin so he can use it in our Faith Promise services that we do. It will surely excite others to give to missions.
I love reading your blog. Keep up the good work and may the Lord continue to bless you and your church.

Your friend,
Jeanine Blake

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Sis Jeanine, Tell that husband that we would love to have you guys for a Faith Promise service. Tell him to contact us and we can plan next year or the next....rks

Manumanums said...

This is an awesome testimony. My Uncle is an preacher and just started pastoring a small work here in Canada. He moved here from the States after 5 years of evangelizing. While trying to get their vehicle registered they came into some problems due to an error in paperwork at the border plus the vehicle has to have mechanical changes to be eligible for license in Canada. After evangelizing for 5 years and just starting to pastor a very small work (20 people or so)....the money wasn't there. Last Monday afternoon a lady from their church stopped by their house with $500. The Lord had spoke to her that morning and told her that their pastor needed it. She had no idea about the issues he was facing. Isn't God good!

Carrie said...

I am thankful that you share great testimonies of God's faithfulness to us!!! Love you! Have a safe trip.

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Great blog! Great testimony!
I am anxious to see the pictures.
I am trying to do better myself.
We were in Denver this weekend with the Hales. They have an awesome church. We had wonderful services.
Spent yesterday in Breckenridge but flew to CA today. There was 14 inches of snow and rain when we got off the plane in Denver Sat. It was beautiful Sunday, cool at night and yesterday. When we got off the plane in Ontario CALifornia today it was 101 degrees.
I'm gonna have to find me some summer clothes...LOL

Belinda said...

YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! 'Jumping up and down on the floor clapping hands and praising GOD!!"

God is so awesome....I am so thankful that the revival that we have been experienceing is in Conroe too....SEE I knew we had great beginnings LOL

Love ya'll

Anonymous said...

Wow, This is beyond pathetic. You are wasting money on cameras and trips while MANY people in your church are without... and then you get on here to brag about it? How disappointed God must be.

Denise Cruz said...

How awesome that the Lord hears every detail. Oh so many scriputres come to mind! Every hair on our heads are numbered, he sees a sparrow; how much more he cares for us..... seek ye first the kingdom of heaven and all these things shall(not maybe)... Oh sister you have sought the kingdom first..

Many blessings.. I love your blog.. Thank you for being real, sharing, giving and loving Jesus!!