Friday, April 24, 2009

Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. KJV

I want to endeavor to give a SOFT answer this morning. I have spent some time praying. In fact this morning I sit here at my computer with tears. I pray the feeling in my spirit will be properly interpreted.

Comments left to this blog are emailed to me. Of course emails are delivered to my cell phone. Very early in fact at 4:32 AM I received notification of an email.

Wow, This is beyond pathetic. You are wasting money on cameras and trips while MANY people in your church are without... and then you get on here to brag about it? How disappointed God must be.

Fortunately I have a means for tracking visitors to the blog. This particular person according to my tracking method spent over an hour on the blog. I trust there was something the visitor enjoyed.

Anonymous, I appolgize that you feel this to be beyond pathetic. Remarks were left to the Miracle and Blessings post. Hopefully you read that the remaining portion of the funds helped to pay for our Faith Promise Offering. In case you aren't familiar Faith Promise is a monthly pledge given to support World Missions. Kent and I give $500 per month to this WORTHY cause. Additionally, Kent and I help people in our local church, our community, and minister's and wives in general. All of our support isn't financial some is simply being there to pray or encourage people in need. In fact our Denver trip was for that primary person. Kathy and Lafe McKinney are people we have only known for a brief few months. Lafe passed away with the dreaded disease of cancer. We went to support his grieving wife. Of course Kent was the officiant of Lafe's funeral.

Additionally, since you mentioned the people in our church let me quickly defend these people. Many times through the year they give our family gifts. CUPC knows we don't expect them. In fact Kent will not allow these gifts to even come to us from the church funds. I KNOW many churches purchase gifts for the pastor/family from the church funds and this is in no way negative towards those congregations or ministers. Kent asked that they use the church money better than giving us gifts. Hence, the members of the church collect money to purchase gifts for our family. They send us to restaurants that we do not go to and on trips to hotels that we would NEVER purchase on our own. Example: Marriot Times Square NYC and the Ritz Carlton concierge level New Orleans. Our people KNOW we would NEVER spend this money on ourselves. In fact we shop for discounts via the internet when we travel. On our recent Colorado trip we spent $35 for food one day and $40 the other. We do endeavor to be good stewards of the money God has entrusted us so we can bless the poor, feed the homeless, and support World Missions.

Obviously, Anonymous, you have a computer and spend money, too. Computers cost money, cameras cost money, as do most things we possess. I do endeavor to be careful in spending. In fact, the very post you responded to stated that. I actually prayed for a camera. Mandy, who inspired me, is a young pastor's wife. While Mandy is a DEFINITE encouragement to me I trust my blog in many ways can be a great encouragement to her. Of course this is just one person who frequents my blog that I want to encourage. Another is a new friend from Oklahoma. I have met her via blogging. In fact last week she called me for the first time on the phone. I look forward to the day I meet her. Another, is a new friend from Georgia. Her husband was recently elected to pastor a church. I don't know her but sent her flowers to congratulate her. I don't say these things to 'pin a flower' but rather attempt to say I have far more people who say I encourage them than people whom I frustrate. Today I choose to give a soft answer. Anonymous, I hope you will understand if not you may prefer to not visit my blog.

Blogging is two-fold for me. I am able to journal the happenings of my life and hopefully be of encouragement to my fellow minister's wife friends. At a recent District Conference I had the privilege of speaking for a brief few moments at the Minister's Wives Breakfast. I endeavored to encourage the ladies that while we are in a time of harvest it hasn't always been this way. I hope I encouraged the many ladies there with my brief remarks. I never want to brag nor do anything to hinder. Rather I realize God is not respector of persons. What He will do in Conroe for others.

I dare say the MAJORITY of members of CUPC are thankful that I was able to purchase a camera. Additionally, they are happy Kent and I were able to spend 50 something hours in Colorado for pleasure. We do work in our church office 5 days a week. Every Saturday with the exception of one Saturday per month we have prayer sessions at our church. Of course every Sunday we are at the church. You can see we are DEDICATED to working at CUPC. An ocassional off day just makes us even stronger to do what God has called us to do. Recreation incorporates the word recreate. Time away helps to recreate in us the much need energy and vision to come home renewed for more labor. It was at a getaway in January to a conference that we created within us the CARE concept that is blessing CUPC.

Today and every day I want to be a blessing to those I serve. Hopefully even this post will be a blessing to someone. Off to a great day of CARE and HARVEST....

12 comments:

Carrie said...

Sis. Smith, I am so sorry for the inconsiderate comment. I know that you are so blessed because you do give over and beyond not only in finances, but also of yourself. In fact I am more aware than ever that because you and Bro. Smith have led us in caring for others needs, the needs of our church families are being met in such a miraculous way! Be encouraged God sees and knows all, even when others do not. Your testimony about the camera helped me to believe for a need we have. Thank you for sharing your testimonies. It is totally biblical. Love you.

JanaFloyd said...

It hurts my heart that someone would say something so hurtful. I pray that God would heal the misery in their heart that would cause them to lash out in this way. Sis. Smith, I just want to tell you that your blog has been an inspiration to me, even though you do not know me. Thank you for being committed!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Tracie, your life and ministry is so inspiring to me. I know you had the "slim years" too and are now experiencing God's great blessing. Love you!

Misti Ferguson said...

Sis. Smith, as a member of CUPC I want you to know that we don't begrudge you any amount of pleasure or recreation. Without knowing the details anyone can tell that you and Bro. Smith are both givers...and God always blesses givers. I have been praying that God's blessings would be on you and your family so your posts don't look like bragging to me...I see them as testimonies that build my faith! To anonymous: Please be careful. I don't know if you even know Bro. and Sis. Smith, but God's hand is on this Pastor and his wife. You place yourself and your family in great danger when you lift your hand (literally or figuratively) against God's anointed.

Anonymous said...

Sis. Smith,

You bring me so much encourgement each day by writting your Blog. I am moving from a large chruch in Bossier City, LA to a small one in Western KY soon, and I know your blog will be one of the venues to keep me encouraged with the change. Keep it up!

Blessings, hugs, and Love coming your way,

Jerri Barnes
Bosseir City, LA (Jerry Dean - Pastor)

Anonymous said...

Please do not let that negative email get you down. I read you and Kent's blogs every day and you encourage me SO very much. (although you can tell Kent to SMILE more in his pictures!) I love you both and please keep up the good that you do for your community, church, family and yourselves!

Kelli Gibson Rawlinson

Anonymous said...

Tracie,

Your blogs have meant more to me and Randy than you'll ever know! I've told you before what an encouragement you and Kent have been to both of us in our new endeavor in Georgia! Hearing about the revival in Conroe just gives us the faith that it will happen here too!!! Please don't let anyone discourage you in what you're doing. For this new pastor's wife, you are such a blessing (and I did enjoy the flowers so much)!!!!

Love ya,
Rhonda

Amy said...

I love you and miss you and bro Smith lots. I am so thankful for the opportunity to feel connected with you via your blogging!!! BIG HUGS!!!!

Linda Weldon said...

Wow!!! Sis. Smith, I have had a crazy busy day today and am only now reading your latest two blog posts. Let me first say that I pray daily for God's protection AND blessings upon you and Bro. Smith and your children. I know firsthand from having worked in the church office 7 1/2 years that you and Bro. Smith are TRUE givers. I am fearful for whoever "Anonymous" is. I would be scared to death to be in that person's shoes. My husband and I are privileged to be a part of CUPC for going on 13 years now. Don't be discouraged by remarks that the enemy sends your way. REJOICE in the blessings of the Lord! I love you TONS!

Debbie O said...

Please don't stop blogging. I am from California and always look forward to your encouraging words every day. Don't let one spoiled apple ruin the whole bunch. You have been a truly encouragement to me reading about the revival and God's work in your church and community

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

The fiery darts of the enemy will come our way but we are able to quench them thru the power of the Holy Ghost. God is using you to minister to many with your blog, thank you for it.

Manumanums said...

Sis. Smith.

I do not know you personally and only "happened" upon your blog. You have inspired me and made me to think. Thank you for blogging!