Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lonely/Happy

Wow what a LONELY house! Redonia flew out today to Little Rock. Although she is our quiet child we still definitely know she is here. We will miss her shower running bright and early every morning then stomp stomp stomp down the hall. We will miss the bobby pins or ponytail holder on the coffee table where she unwinds her hair at night. I'll miss the dining room chair being left out. I'll miss seeing a plate in the sink. I'll miss seing a garment whatever it maybe on the ironing board in the laundry room. I'll miss seeing something on the stairs for her to take upstairs. I'll miss her calling to see how long to cook or warm something up for lunch. In the morning I'll miss her asking if whatever she decides to wear looks right....I will JUST miss her! She is going to be gone until Wednesday. I understand Sean's Mom or Grandma has decided she needs to stay another week but I don't think so!

Poor Bishop is pouting because Redonia is gone. While she packed he couldn't stay out of her suitcase. He never wants me but for some reason tonight he will not budge from my chair. He is keeping his eyes closed and one paw over his eyes. We called Redonia for her to talk to him. Unfortunately it made matters worse. He ran to his bed and started whinning.


Although our home is lonely tonight we had a WONDERFUL time @ REJOICE (prayer service). Trent leads REJOICE and tonight he did an incredible job. After we prayed he arranged for some testimonials. Taylor Martin one of our youth gave an outstanding testimony of how HYC impacted his life. Matt Newton shared how he has been griped to not be a hearer only but a doer of the Word. He also shared how he never wants to be deceived against truth. Chris Ferguson spoke about the harvest we are experiencing. He invited a couple of our new converts to share their testimony. WOW WOW WOW WOW! A couple walked up to share they thanked Pastor and the church for loving them and CARING for them. The guy (protecting his identity) shared how he has been homeless for 10 years and had lost faith to ever be anything different but God is putting his life together. Last week he got a job making $14 per hr. This week he purchased a nice truck. Now they are saving to get in a house or apartment. They should reach their goal in a couple of weeks. He testified thru tears of joy. Our congregation wept tears of compassion.

I am happy about church this weekend. Kent's good friend, Bro. Gary Wheeler will be preaching tomorrow night. I KNOW both of our services will be blessed of the Lord.

Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say REJOICE!!!!!!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I am rejoicing!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having the time of your life at CUPC and at home! I am happy to see that you and your family and church family are so blessed! Your blog encourages me everyday I read it! Thank you!

Amy said...

Praise the Lord for Miracles!!! I believe all our services tonight will be incredible...! Bro. Wheeler is a great preacher!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Oh, how I know the feeling of an empty nest. Fortunately, yours is only temporary. And how wonderful to hear what the Lord is doing in the lives of those that serve Him.

jamiephotos.com said...

I loved your thoughts and words here! Thank you for your email. It means the world to me. Thank you for being sensitive. I need you.