Sunday, April 19, 2009

Have a Blessed Sunday

May you feel the blessings of God today regardless the season of life you or your church find yourself in today. While CUPC is enjoying harvest today I certainly remember the times of toiling and planting. Sure there was a small harvest it those times. However, they were not times of a great harvest.

Being the granddaughter of a Alabama farmer I truly realize the beauty of the fields. Having worked several summers in the fields myself I KNOW while the farmer works hard there is that brief time that he must sit back and trust God with the elements and for a good harvest. When the sun may scorch or not enough rain would fall a field may have to be worked and planted again. A true farmer never gives up on the land, seeds, or harvest. Often a farmer utilizes or explores new methods, new types of seeds, and new equipment. Thankfully the farmer doesn't have to use the old horse and plow methods. One thing for sure it always requires seed, land and God. A true revival can not be formed without sowing, the church, and most importantly God.

Today I honor two men...my Papaw who taught me what little bit I know about natural farming and my Father who instilled in me the love for outreach. I walked streets on Saturday outreach, worked the white bus with blue trim on Sundays, and loved people no matter what position of life they may be in. I went to the 'country' as we called it with Papaw. I remember picking beans, peas, and worst of all cucumbers and squash. Papaw was a commercial farmer. He had 'big fields' not just small gardens. I know if we sow big fields today we will yeild big harvest! Wow!!! How encouraging?

Farming isn't easy nor is revival. Girls, lets work hard today....Harvest is worth it!

PS my next post will be a miracle post and will be dedicated to my friend Mandy Elms.

No comments: