Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring, Easter, The Resurrection

Easter is a very special holiday. When I think of Spring I immediately think about new life. Each of my flower beds have Spring budding perennials. The little bunnies are playing in the fresh green grass in our lawn. Young squirrels are chasing one another up and around the tall oaks.

Easter is a time for filling baskets with candy and prizes for my children. I know all three of them can hardly wait to receive their baskets. Maybe it’s I can hardly wait to give them their baskets. This year I get to fill another basket or make a larger one for Trent and Calah to share. Yes, Calah thinks I’m totally nuts but she LOVES me.

Easter is a time to bring out a new outfit or something saved from last Spring. Brights and whites tend to make their way out of the closets. I love seeing the toes on the little ones in their first pair of sandals. It’s a time for bubbles, jump ropes, kites, and hoola hoops.

What would spring be without attending at least one egg hunt? This year I can hardly wait to pick up the outreach kids for the CUPC annual egg hunt. It’s going to be fun. I enjoy dying eggs, filling plastic eggs, and decorating for Easter.

While, I love bunnies, eggs, and spring the most important part of Easter is celebrating the RESURRECTION of Jesus Christ. This Spring has been a MOST incredible time for CUPC. Sunday our ministers baptized 7 people. Today Trent baptized 2 more. This makes over 30 in an 8 day period. Wow!!! It is the goal of CUPC to make this entire week a time of teaching others about the RESURRECTION. We want everyone to know of the mercies and grace of God. Yes Spring is a time for new beginnings. We are certainly witnessing many new beginnings.

I volunteered to prepare baked ham for approximately 60 homeless and needy persons for Easter lunch. I can hardly wait!!!! My sister, Kristi, is heading up this massive Easter meal. I will either cook a holiday lunch for our family and Evangelist Mark Winters and family or we will find a meal after feeding our new friends. I KNOW nothing will compare to ensuring these people will be blessed to enjoy Easter. I wish I could give everyone of them an Easter basket. Maybe I will make them Easter goody bags. Everyone deserves some good Easter candy.

Friends, I hope you enjoy the blessings of a resurrected Savior this week. He is risen…what a blessing to serve Him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok we need to give them something for Easter! I thought this morning (yesterday now)while planning - I wonder how many of these sweet people haven't had the memory that our Mom has always given us of Easter treats! I've been up looking at things to do for them on Sunday. Miss Priss is just going to sleep so I'm still awake:( She's closing her eyes now!! Night Night
Love you,
Kristi

Tamara Frazier said...

Oh I love Easter treats! I remember when we would make egg shaped rice crispies and dye the marshmallows so they all look like dyed easter eggs! I cant wait to make them for my boys too. This should be a great Easter!

Vicki said...

I also love Easter! I have to say it is my favorite holiday! (yep, even over Christmas) I think it is because of the things that you listed (material and spiritual) also, because in Zimbabwe this is the BIGGEST holiday. Every church organization has special conferences this weekend. While, I am here with my family and I LOVE that, I will miss the Easter Conference in Zimbabwe. Easter Sunday morning we have the early services and rejoice over the resurrection. I am so glad he LIVES!

I have bought the things for my 3 Easter baskets already. Micah and Chelsea get one to share though not sure why because they just get 2 of everything that Lauren and Timo gets 1 of ha! I think it is just the 'couple' look that I like.

By the way, Tracie - you haven't made a bunny shaped cake in a long time (but leave off the coconut ha!)

Karen J. Hopper said...

I LOVE EASTER. May yours be blessed.