Monday, May 4, 2009

Elms Weekend Update

This past weekend was spent enjoying friends, family and God. What better way to spend a weekend? Saturday Bro. and Sis. Elms arrived in Conroe. We certainly enjoyed our time spent with them on The Woodlands Waterway and Market Street Saturday evening. The weather was nice for outdoor dining which is always relaxing to me. We enjoyed watching the water taxis and beavers float along the river at our tableside. After dinner we enjoyed a dessert drink of Strawberries and Cream from Starbucks. Of course mine had two shots of hazelnut. Yummm

Sunday the music department did a good job of leading us into the presence of God. Both services Bro. Elms did a fabulous job of preaching the Word. Last night was my favorite service. Of late we have had a time of emphasis on outreach. Last night after the choir sang Kent encouraged the church to 'get something for ourselves'. He admonished us that we have all been giving out and we needed a refilling. Wow! The presence of God was so sweet and refreshing. Sis. Elms played the organ during this time of worship so all musicians and singers could respond. During this time of worship a man recently baptized began to respond and was filled with the Spirt. Kent had Bro. and Sis. Elms sing during this time of worship. They sang some old songs that were 'new' songs to our church. Everyone really enjoyed it. I watched as even our young people responded. After this dynamic time of worship Bro. Elms talked and really PREACHED to the church. He talked about loving God enough to worhip him with our lifestyles and actions. He preached my heart. Holiness should not be a 'standard' but our love to God. He began with talking about the unity he felt in our service. He admonished the church to protect the church and the pastor. If said if this is my church then no one will speak negative about it or my pastor to me.

Yesterday we had several baptisms and people filled with the sweet Spirit of God. We had many guests in our services. We had several out of town or out with sickness. I regret everyone could not have enjoyed the day.

Sunday we enjoyed PF Changs for lunch. I was thankful my children were able to spend personal relaxed time with the Elms. I always want them to LOVE their leaders. It means so much to me to have my children know they can have leaders that are real. I KNOW that the three of my children will always LOVE the Elms as a result of our lunch. The Elms shared in the kids lives. Redonia was teased about Sean, Jean, and Willie (all the same guy). Trent was teased about being Rooster Trent (his hair). I never want my kids to feel uncomfortable around great men and ladies of God.

Last night I prepared a lite meal and had the Elms to our home. 11889 Elizabeth Ridge is always better for the many guests who enter. Bishop was in rare form and was so 'happy' to meet new friends. Thanks Bro. and Sis. Elms for blessing our home and be such a blessing this weeked.

Mandy, I'm sorry I didn't get a single picture.....I was too caught up in the moment! I'll do better but I KNOW this was the weekend to do better since it was your family.

This afternoon Kent and I are going to Louisianna to meet with a bunch of ministers and wives. We are going to enjoy dinner at the Hennigan's church. I think the menu is crawfish and BBQ. I'm not sure who all will be attending but I know people are even flying in from out of state. Maybe I'll get a few pics to share

Enjoy a blessed week serving God this week...

7 comments:

Deadra's Dialogue said...

I too enjoyed the Elms this weekend. I especially LOVED his sermon last night. Bro. Smith preaches/teaches the same stuff but it is always nice to have your leaders reinforce it. Awesome stuff!!!

Carrie said...

I lovvvvveeeeeddddd their singing. You could tell they have pure spirits. Awesome weekend!!! Have fun in Louisiana!!! Love you!

Keith and Carla said...

I'm guess you could say I'm a "little" partial to the Elms, but you did have the BEST with you this weekend!!! Glad you got to be with them and enjoyed yourselves.

Anonymous said...

We did have the MOST AWESOME service tonight. From the beginning and Bro. Elms preached the most awesome message and if there is any doubt that our Texas Dist Secretary doesn't stand for Bible Doctrine you need to order the CD from CUPC..........their singing was just simply Heavenly and of course Sis. Elms organ playing. Did we ever more have a move of God and just "ole time Apostolic".
I have rejoiced all day from the service. It is so refreshing to know there are those, especially our leaders of the TX UPC Dist that still love the old paths and want to be a "separate people".

Mom/Shirley Patrick

Linda Elms said...

Tracie, thank you for your kind words. We so enjoyed being with you and Kent! Your people were so sweet to us and it was a wonderful weekend.

Thank you ALL for your kind words!

Love you all!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Tracie,
Bro & Sis Elms are wonderful people, and I enjoy reading about what's happening in their lives. We knew them when they both were teenagers. In fact we went to her dad's church in Fresno when they married.

iluv2prshim said...

Ahhh...Tracie, you make me happy and sad all at the same time. Does that make sense? I'm happy because you all had such a great time with my sister and my brother-in-law but sad because I miss them. So glad they have friends like you all though. :) I do rejoice with you too.