Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Admit

Ok I admit I've not be a very good blogger of late. My brain is frozen. I hate writing about the same things over and over again..."my day/week, revival, and caring for others". It's so hard to write about anything different because those are the things that are consuming me.

I'll just write a few random things:

I've had a frog in my throat that migrated to a seal. Yes, I've been barking!

I had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day! I got red roses, a $100 visa giftcard, a beautiful oil burner (looks like an old perfume bottle), oil, a Dillards giftcard, 2 Red Lobster giftcards, a beautiful suit with the matching shoes and purse, and many cards from my family, CUPC family, and received one yesterday all the way from Oklahoma from Sue.

Our new baptism count is approx 140 persons!!! One of the first children I began taking to church on the van was baptized Sunday. Her Mom has begun bringing her.

My Mom is on her way to Savannah and I'm jealous! Not really, I'm glad she and Jane were able to go and have some girl time.

School's almost out!!! CUPC has a church school with somewhere around 80 students.

I need to start going to the YMCA but can't get motivated. Kent goes toooo early! lol

I'm behind on my daily scripture reading...gotta get it caught up!!!! I've done so good all year long. We've been out of town a few times of late and my routine got thrown off.

I can't believe it's all ready mid May. Where has this year gone??? Wow! I have done pretty good however on reaching most of my goals. Some still need a little bit of attention. I need to rekindle them.

Oh! We used our new bus Sunday for the bus route! It's all cleaned up with a new battery and new alternator. We have to have our logo put on and some graphics. Right now it is bright shiny white. Our homeless don't want to ride it. They say it reminds them too much of the prison buses and they've been on them too many times! lol

I wish the fairy godmother would come and clean my baseboards, windowsills, and ceiling fans. Oh and while she's here she could spend a couple of hours in my flowerbeds. I'm thinking I'm the only person that's going to do it....that's a project that will have to wait till this cough stuff is over.

Today I need to spend a little time CARING for others. I hope each of you are enjoying a blessed week. Remember regardless "This is the day the Lord hath made". What are you going to do with it? I'm going to REJOICE!!!!

2 comments:

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Tracie, you can keep on with the "family, revival, caring" themes as I look forward to them. I will admit that I am behind in my Bible reading too, my baseboards and ceiling fans need a cleaning fairy and so does my yard. And, I am envious of your Mom going to Savannah. I just told Beverly on Sunday that I would love to do Savannah again. I don't get that "school is almost out" feeling anymore after 5 years of retirement.....well, not very much of a feeling, anyway. Have a great day!!!!! Love you!

Kathy McElhaney said...

I am loving your revival posts. It is exciting to see what God is doing in Conroe and it builds my faith! 140 baptized is not boring!! I wish I could read that on every blog - including mine!