Monday, May 18, 2009

A New Dedication

This morning I read the following scripture:

Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Our church is in an intense time of soul winning. However, I have felt such an urgency for those who have known God for a longer period of time to dedicate their lives again to God. In fact last evening during our pre-service prayer this was my prayer.

The Bible declares that we are living temples of God. We need to recognize that our enemy is constantly at work, trying to erect idols and desecrate our temple in various ways so that we cannot be used to glorify God. How long has it been since we cleansed and rededicated our temple to the Lord? We should really be doing it daily!

We want to be holy — pure — righteous so that we can be found a peculiar people, a holy nation, a royal priesthood, as the scripture says. Let’s strive to be a people who shine forth the glory of God today. Let’s pull down the strongholds and destroy the idols that pollute us.

Hebrews 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Not only is it important that we are peaceful but we must live a holy life in order to see the Lord. The United Pentecostal Church has always been a church to stand for holiness. I think it is imperative that we live with PEACE and HOLINESS. While we pursue after being a peaceful people I pray we do not lose grip on holiness. Holiness is not something that is optional. The Word has strong teachings in regards to holiness. We do not have to lay aside our holiness teachings for church growth. While I agree people may 'move' or 'change' churches due to holiness issues the sinner will be drawn to a church who adheres to a holiness doctrine.

I recently posted the following song. I just 'feel' to post it again.

Holiness, holiness is what I long for
Holiness is what I need
Holiness, holiness is what
You want from me
Holiness, holiness is what I long for
Holiness is what I need
Holiness, holiness is what
You want from me

So, take my heart and form it
Take my mind and transform it
Take my will and conform it
To Yours, to Yours, oh, Lord
Faithfulness, faithfulness is what I long for

Faithfulness is what I need
Faithfulness, faithfulness is what
You want from me
Brokenness, brokenness is what I long for
Brokenness is what I need
Brokenness, brokenness is what
You want from me

True holiness brings about a faithfulness to God. Holiness leads us to a spirit of brokenness where we can CARE for others and share God's PEACE with them. Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us. We do have witnesses in this race therefore we should not be concerned only with sins that beset us but also weights that hinder. It seems more and more people justify the things they have been liberated to pick up. Amazing to me that weights are now called 'Christian liberties'. When did a weight ever become something to liberate....in fact I believe it to be just the opposite. We must truly become aware of Satan's tactics to disillusion.

God, this morning, I want to dedicate again those things which set me apart. I give you my heart. First, my heart must be a pure and holy place for you to dwell. Lord, I give you my 'glory,' my hair. I give you my face, my body, my clothing. Please, take all of me. As I dress today let me reflect Your image. As I talk today let me reflect Your mercy and Your grace. I want to reflect Your perfect image and not an image that is misshaped with things of this world. I realize there are many people at CUPC and many newcomers looking at Your image as it is reflected thru me. Please, Lord, let me exhibit who You truly are. You are a pure and holy God. May my spirit be true and holy. I believe You can not dwell in an unclean vessel let me continually strive for a clean dwelling place for You. In Jesus name I pray!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff! We must be holy even as HE is holy.
Chris Ferguson

John Carroll said...

Sister Smith, I rarely comment on a blog post, but this is exceptional. Thank you!

Johnny Carroll

Anonymous said...

Sis. Tracie, you have echoed my heart! "I want to be holy, holy like You. . . Holy Spirit purify me, cleanse and make me new. . . "

Aimee Shelton

Keith and Carla said...

AMEN!!!

Kathy McDaniel said...

Sis. Smith:
I read your blog everyday. I am always blessed by the words that the Lord gives you. Today's words were tremendous. Truly we should be reflecting the Lord on the inside and the outside. I want to hold fast to the doctrine and the standards. Lord, "create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me" that I may be holy and pleasing unto you. Thank you again for allowing the Lord to us you to bless others.
Kathy McDaniel
(Katrinia Thrasher's mom)

Karen J. Hopper said...

Oh to be pure and holy unto Him, our King. Wonderful post.

scott phillips said...

what a wonderful blog. I posted it on a facebook group that I moderate called, "The Pentecostals".

I would to God that the Lord could grasp our heart to truly persue holiness... not just in our love for others... but holiness in our love for God.

God Bless you!

Scott Phillips

iluv2prshim said...

Tracie, Just yesterday I was talking to a lady in our church on this very subject. It sounds like you listened in on our conversation. :) Maybe the Lord is calling us all to rededicate our lives to Him.

Linda Weldon said...

Sis. Smith - thank you for such a tremendous, annointed post. I could feel His presence as I read your blog during my lunch hour. I want to be holy and pure that His Spirit may dwell in me so I can be a vessel for Him to work through and touch those around me who are hungry for Him. Lord, help me to re-dedicate my temple unto you. I love you so much Sis. Smith - thank you for being sensitive to Him this morning.

Edward Drake said...

Tracie,

I swell with pride to say I am a part of your and you husbands ministrie you hit a cord with this blog....love yall tons!!!

Regards,

Edward Drake

Anonymous said...

It's obvious by all the comments on this post that you have definitely struck a cord among believers. I do not want to become "weary in well doing", which can also apply to living a holy life acceptable to the Lord. I want to continue to holdfast to the precious holiness lifestyle that has been passed down to me, my heritage. I want to make sure I'm doing the Lord's will everyday in everything I do. I want to be a vessel for Him. I want Him to use me for His glory.

Anonymous said...

Tracie,

Thanks for the great post! I have recently been telling Randy that I feel this same urgency to make sure I am completely consecrated to God and to holy living. We are seeing more and more who are being "liberated" to do things that they once taught against. Lord, please help me to dedicate myself and my life more and more to you each day!! Thank you again, Tracie!

Love ya,
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I went to church last night and heard a message on this very thing, AMAZING! God is so good!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this wonderful blog! We just sang the song you posted at last nite's youth service. The Lord has been dealing with our congregation in the same area of rededication and holiness. Obviously we are not the only ones! God bless!

Anonymous said...

Tracie,
Thank you so much for your post! You nailed it today! Awesome! I sat with my little boy in my lap and read it just weeping! We must hold strong in this day and teach our little ones what true holiness & Godliness is for their generation! You have inspired me to be ever diligent and faithful to this Glorious Truth we have been raised to love! God Bless!
Candi Thomas George

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing! I want to be more like Him! Love you bunches!

@mafost said...

I read your blog frequently and often find posts that interest me deeply.

I'd like to hear further on this topic. Actually, I'd like to narrow the scope to a single question. The blog stated, "We want to be holy — pure — righteous so that we can be found a peculiar people..."

My question is:
What is that makes us "holy - pure - righteous"?

If email is a better mode of discourse, my email is matthewafoster@yahoo.com

THANKS

I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Tracie Smith said...

Matthew, first off we both know that you once lived this life that I wrote about. In fact the popular song that is sang at UPC camp meetings and conferences, "Deliverance" was written by you when you were Music Director @ CUPC. Now you have chosen a different path. I have not argued with you nor will I argue with you. I feel my preceeding remarks are much needed for all who may view your and my comments. They may not know who you are yet know me very well.

Second, off to answer your question when I referred to becoming holy, pure, & righteous I was referring to allowing more of God in my life thus crowding out unncessary weights and sins that I discussed. I personally feel I made myself very clear. The point of my post was simply of my heart's desire of MORE of Him.

Any argument I feel will desecrate the sacredness of the moment of which I wrote. If I felt you truly didn't understand I would love to sit and explain. However, I do not at this time feel you sincerely want to understand yet rather want to challenge. Thanks for understanding my view.

I remain the SAME pastor's wife I have always been...you WELL know my position.

Much love to you, Nancy, & Olivia!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your wisdom, sensitivity and words of uplifting power. Keep it up. We look forward to your words.