Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Today's Update....

I'm super excited!!! I've had an awesome day today.

I spent some time with our school administrator and Calah finalizing CCS Secondary Students Awards and Honor Banquet. Wow both of those girls are on the ball. They are ahead of schedule - impressive!!! I enjoyed observing students having fun at track and field day. Calah sent me on an errand to pick up 2 birthday cakes for Tina Parker, our administrator. One for the elementary students and one for secondary students. Everyone enjoyed singing Happy Birthday to Sis. Tina. This time of the year I spend more time at CCS. I LOVE our school, students, and staff. They are the finest. BTW Tina shared with me the Stanford Standardized scores for this year. CCS students are to be commended! We have very bright students taught by very capable dedicated teachers.

Kent and I enjoyed lunch @ Red Lobster compliments of a sweet lady in our church, Tammy Blackmon. I LOVE their biscuits! yummmmmmm Thanks, Tammy, I know you read my blog although you don't comment.

This afternoon we had a few people baptized. I KNOW it's a daily occurence but it is soooooo exciting!!!!! One of the young men baptized today is 23 years old. He has been in prison the past 6 years. He wept and cried after being baptized. He told Kent and Trent he has never experienced anything like what he felt during the baptism. He said he hasn't cried since he was a young child. He is coming to church tomorrow and wants to be filled with the Spirit. As he left the church he was still wiping tears!

We are so blessed to be apart of such a CARING church!!!! Tonight Kent and I are going to work on a few more ways to CARE for people. Debra, a most CARING lady in our church, sent me an email of a new idea she has for showing people they are VALUED and she CARES!!!!! Wow!!! Talk about encouraging to the recipents...

I can't wait to see what happens next....REVIVAL...CARE.....PRAYER....SHARING.....it's all so rewarding. When we get our minds off ourselves and become TEAMPLAYERS in CARING we are blessed!

Try it...you will LOVE it!!!

1 comment:

Linda Elms said...

Tracie, I love all the exciting things God is doing for you and your church! I also hope you are feeling a LOT better. I'm sorry you've been sick. Love you!