Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend


Today begin our holiday weekend. Kent, Sean, and I went to Panera for breakfast while Redonia worked a few hours. After a trip to the church and a few other errands I grilled sausage and prepared some fresh fruit to go with our lunch. We've enjoyed a relaxed day. We've been busy the past few weeks. A 'chill' day was very enjoyable. Tomorrow we have several things to accomplish. Later we hope to 'chill' a little more. Sunday we are going to have only 1 service. I plan to grill porkchops for lunch. After lunch we are 'all' going out on the lake. We will enjoy boating, tubing, skiing, and jetskiing. Well, 'they' will enjoy all of the previous activities. I'll enjoy riding in the boat. Monday we plan to 'chill' a little bit more.

I'm thankful we live in a country where we have the freedom to relax in peace. As each of us go about our fun relaxing weekend I trust we will not forget the reason for this holiday. Let's not forget those who have died in service to our great country. I hope each of you will spend quality time with family and friends. May your weekend be filled with love and blessings!

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Love and blessings be returned to you and yours.

Carrie said...

Glad you are getting to relax with family and friends. That is the best kind of relaxation!! Love you!