Thursday, May 21, 2009

Life is it fair...is it really sweet?

Today I spent some time visiting with a lady from CUPC. She is having a bit of a difficulty but finally stated when life gives you lemons just make some lemonade. Later I found this picture. It caused me to do some soul searching.

Things in life are not ALWAYS sweet. However, life is sweet if we make it sweet. Think of ingredients that go into make a delectable cupcake. They are not all sweet. Flour, eggs, baking soda, and many seasonings or flavorings we may choose to add are not necessarily sweet. However, the end result is truly SWEET. Think about lemonade. A lemon is definitely not described as sweet. However, mix in some sugar and ahhhhh what a sweet refreshing drink!

Things in life may not always go the way we choose but we can add other things to our life that will cause it to be sweet. Think with me, what are some things we can add to give 'sweetness' to life. Yes, for me LIFE is SWEET!!!! I choose to add some SWEET things!!

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I needed this post today. Now I will readjust my thinking. Love you, and thank you for shaking away the negative thoughts. Truly, life is sweet, even with artifical flavorings. I should be ashamed to think anything but.

Kathy McDaniel said...

Thank you for the post. Truly, life is sweet. All situations are not sweet but mixed together with the Lord ... the good, the bad, it is all sweet. Thank you for sharing!
Lord Bless You!
Kathy McDaniel

Deadra's Dialogue said...

I love your post, I love sweets & I love you! Thanks for always being encouraging!

iluv2prshim said...

AMEN!!!