Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Dedication

The following verse is dedicated to my comrade pastor's wives:

Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap a harvest if we do not grow weary” (Galatians 6:9 NASB).

While I energetically post of revival in Conroe let this blog suffice that it has not always been this way. There have many days, months or even years without harvest. We just continued to work. Did discouragement ever come? YES! Did heartache come our way? Yes! Did we face difficulty? Yes! Have we ever gone through a drought and lose people? Yes! Have my children been bombarded by the enemy? Yes! Have we felt perplexed? Yes!

Somehow through all the difficulties we simply didn't lose heart for revival. It got dim along the way but I truly never was Job's wife. I didn't encourage Kent to 'curse God and die'. I somehow tried to support him although it may have been a ever so weak support.

When people would backslide or change churches. We wept together. In fact hanging in his office today is a beautiful picture that I purchased on one such day. I didn't have the words to say but I found a writing at a Bible bookstore that said it all. When our kids faced difficulties that we KNEW were situations the devil was trying to use to discourage us we would wrap them close to our hearts and weep. Trent was hit by a car during a dark time. To this day he suffers some side affects that serve only as a reminder to the victory that came. The same child had cancer removed from his tongue. This came during a time when finances were being squeezed. The lack of finances didn't discourage us. We knew the ugly growth that appeared large on Trent's tongue was just another tactic. Our church and family stood with us and we made it through. Trent was only about 9 years of age and preached his first message entitled, "He is still God". He also was used to talk to crusader campers about the same subject. I have a pic of that great time in his life. It was during this time that Trent wept and said I KNOW God has called me to preach and I'm not going to die. Trent's faith encouraged us to keep going on. Redonia has faced many many obstacles and many dark hours. I can't even begin to explain all that has happened. Most of hers has come from literal attacks. Though Satan was trying to divide we would always find out about the divisive nature of the enemy from a good saint of God. They would say while others maybe attacking we are standing united with you and your family. We would always see incredible blessings begin to flow. I just can't explain it! I would love to be encouragement to every pastor's wife and daughter in this area. We have many testimonies to share of how God turns evil to good. This week this very story has come to pass. Suffice it to say God is faithful and we must allow His sovereign work in our lives and church. My children have emptied their wallets and their bank accounts more than one time and have given to the church to pay church utilities or church mortgages. Thankfully this doesn't still have to happen but because of it my children are blessed! A couple of weeks ago my husband sent a urgent request of prayer to a few church leaders. A little later in comes Trent. He didn't know the need and thought it was financial. It was pay day for Trent. He knows Mondays have been 'dark' thru the years. He came in and wanted his Dad to not pay him. Funny thing the need wasn't anything to do with finances in fact the church has been more blessed the last year than in a long time. Of course Trent got his check but my heart was blessed to know he is a true leader of CUPC. He is still willing to give all.

To you pastor's wives that see your children has having to sacrifice so much, don't stop the process it will not hurt your children. In fact it will make them so much better. During tough times financially or otherwise we have always lifted up the church and the people of the church to our children. We continually let them know its because of these good saints that we are here. We NEVER want them to begrudge working for God. When they've been falsely accused or rightly accused for that matter we insist they love the people. Bitterness will only hurt our family so we refuse it! We refuse to let other's misery become our misery. We refuse to wear what Satan whats to clothes us with.

Today if you are not experiencing revival...don't give up it will come in due season if you don't quit. To see revival you must work today as if it will be here tonight. You must plan for revival . You must facilitate revival. You must insist on TEAMWORK in a church. You must train your people to CARE for others. Revival can't come to a church who can't CARE for the babies. You must EXPECT revival. When CUPC had only 12 we treated like it was 500. Today we treat it like it's 500. We will reach that goal soon. Then we will treat the church like it has a membership of 1000.

Be encouraged today.....Revival will come if you faint not! If I can EVER EVER EVER help or pray with any of you pastor's wives I would be MOST honored. I didn't get here alone. In fact if an obstacle comes today I will reach out to a few minister's wives. We NEED one another!!!!

Much love to my friends (even if I don't know you!!!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog Tracie! Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement.
Love you!!
Darla Bethel

Anonymous said...

All I can say, with tears streaming down my face, is "Thank You!!!" We, young/new Pastor's Wives, need people like you. Sometimes we feel like we are alone, even though we are not. Our daughters/children feel alone sometimes, even though their not. We know we can make it when we read testimonials like the one you just wrote. Sometimes it's hard to find a find support from other Pastor's Wives when you really don't feel like your not close to anyone/don't even know very many wives yet. Your words have definitely encouraged me today. I know everything WILL be alright. I know my daughter(s) WILL be alright. Again, THANK YOU!! The Lord definitely used you today!! Much love!!

Anonymous said...

Sis. Smith, thank you for your entry today! It means so much to know that others have not always been on the mountain top. Just know that you have inspired someone to keep going!

Karen Prince said...

Thanks so much for this encouragement! God has blessed us in so many ways and answered so many of our prayers. When things don't always go as we want or as we planned, I have learned to just keep trusting HIM!

Anonymous said...

Tracie,

It's always an encouragement to read your blogs!! Every time I read of another baptism, it just builds our faith a little more that revival is headed our way!! I pray God will continue to bless you and CUPC!

Love ya,
Rhonda

Keith and Carla said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement and prayers today! Love you...