Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sensitivity to URGENT Prayer Requests

This morning early I began to hear Kent pray. Well, that's nothing new. Normally I wake up to him praying and hear him praying as he drifts off to sleep. Today was a little different I could feel in his prayers the CARES for people. Of course it troubled me. I NEVER ask who because if he wants me to know he tells me. If not oh well...I just start praying, too.

As I began to pray I felt a burden for the needs of people, too. I began to pray for needs I KNEW about and also those I didn't know about. Later, I began to pray about a special need posted to Kent's blog. It was obvious some one's marriage was in trouble. We didn't know who and 'who' didn't matter. God knows and that's all that matters. Later this evening Kent received a private email from the 'who'. This is from a friend from long ago. Please join us in praying about this special need. Apparently details can't be fixed but I KNOW a God who is able to help our friend.

Later, I received an email from a friend with a very desperate need for healing of her spouse. The person asked to remain anonymous to others. This is a very desperate need. This need comes from a friend from many years ago.

Last night as I blogged I questioned should I continue. Often I feel I write too much and people don't enjoy reading such lengthy writings. They just seem to grow....Then today both of these persons who contacted us was apart of our lives even before we were married. I'm sure Satan would prefer we just quit blogging but our friends today have encouraged us to keep writing.

I posted on Facebook today the following quote: "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." ~ Unknown I felt to post it for encouragement for someone. Tonight I realized God was speaking to me, too! My original intent for blogging was to be an encourager, stay connected with friends, and make new friends. I'm committed to it!

Friends, PLEASE join me in praying for the two URGENT needs brought to us today. You don't have to know the names to touch God. Just listen to God and He'll speak to you. Allow me to share a personal testimony of God speaking. Today Kent felt impressed to give someone $100. He didn't tell me and didn't follow through. Then today I was buying groceries and I felt the Lord whisper to me 'so and so' needed food and we should give them $100. I got busy preparing to cook for the family and didn't mention it to Kent. Later Kent was talking to someone and they told us 'so and so' had a need. Kent immediately told the person on the phone he felt to give the other person some money. I was outside grilling our meat and came in and told Kent what I had previously felt. Wow!!! It was our GREATEST honor tonight to simply be a funnel for God. I shared that personal testimony to say if you will listen God will speak and lead you to help others.

Honestly, the two needs I'm speaking about I didn't call their names today BUT I did pray the prayer that was needed for them today. God knew the 'who'... Help me specifically pray for peace and healing for these persons. Let's also agree that we will be sensitive to pray for whatever or whomever God leads.

Oh to be more sensitive to Him! There's not greater joy than to CARE for other's needs and watch as God does the miraculous.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tracie, for your prayers!

Sis. Susan Roen said...

I'm agreeing with you in prayer, Tracie!

Carrie said...

I felt the sweet presence of the Holy Ghost while reading your blog this morning. Oh, to be more sensitive to the spirit. Love, love, love you!

Kathy McDaniel said...

Sis. Smith:
Don't give up your blogging. You have such a ministry through the written word. You are a funnel for the Lord to use through this avenue. Thank you so much for your encouraging words.
Lord Bless you!
Kathy McDaniel

Karen J. Hopper said...

Will be praying for the needs of your friends. Please don't give up blogging, you are a light in the darkness for so many, and encourager for the saints - God is using you and your husband not only in Conroe but elsewhere. Sometimes we can't find the answers in our own backyards but get them from across the miles. Blessings and Miracles to you.

Amy said...

i love reading all your posts Sis. Smith !!!! theyre always encouraging !

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Sis Tracie it has been awhile since I stopped by and today Im glad I did. Many times I have come to visit your blog only to walk away encouraged. You have been a HUGE blessing. Sometimes we may never even know whose lives we are touching. You have touched mine many times. I pray for this couple and I pray you continue to be used of God. Love u Sis Noel Hollister