Thursday, May 7, 2009

Let Mother's Day Begin...

I've accomplished purchasing the things for the mothers of CUPC. I LOVE them! I enjoy watching what God is doing in each of their lives. We truly have some incredible Moms. Many of them became Moms without even a hint of what motherhood encompassed. Thankfully, they seek God and are eager to learn and most have surpassed any expectation of a good Mom. Girls, I love you all! Honestly, I feel like I'm your Mom!!!!

Earlier in the week Kent inisted on taking me shopping for a new outfit for Sunday. It's so pretty! I'm glad I'm the Mother of his children. This afternoon he bought me a beautiful pair of shoes for the outfit. The bad part is the suit is at the tailor and I just hope the shoes match....

Today Kent called to plan a time to take his Mom for lunch tomorrow. Just so happened they were shopping in The Woodlands. We met them for dinner at Babins. We stopped by the florist and picked up a beautiful hydrangea. We know she loves beautiful plants. I am so blessed to have a MOST wonderful Mom-in-law. I love and appreciate her so much! I told her as she was leaving "Thanks for being a wonderful Mom and great Mother-in-law" I think she almost cried. I truly meant it with all my heart. Kent is sooooooo much like his Mother. Not only has she given me a wonderful husband but she has been a great Mother-in-law to me. If I had to describe her I would say she is a very strong determined person. She is very faithful and most loyal. She is a very diligent worker. She is a very inteligent person, too! Mamaw, I love you very much! Thanks for being my 'other' Mother!

If all goes as scheduled all of my natural siblings will be taking my Mom to dinner Saturday. Normally we do a Sunday lunch but the family is growing and it gets harder and harder to find a restaurant willing to do such a large reservation. Mom would cook if we would let her. I don't enjoy doing dishes after Sunday lunch. I get up very early to do the bus route on Sundays. I walk a large apartment complex in my heels and up and down many sets of stairs. By the time I arrive at church I'm pretty tired. I think Saturday will be a much more relaxed enjoyable time with the Thomas gang. We have a surprise for Mom, too!!!! Despite her probably being a lil disappointed that we will not all be getting together Sunday I THINK she will love the surprise!
I have an incredible Mother. I could write a book about my Mom. Here's how I would best describe her. She loves having her family right under her like little chicks (I inherited that!). She loves making holidays special, is a wonderful cook, is Victorian to her soul, loves God, is a worry wart, a weather mom (inside joke), & a preacher to each of us!!!! I'm thankful God gave me such a wonderful Mom!!!!! I LOVE you, Mom!

I'm a Mom, too!!! In fact that's one of my favorite titles. Mommyhood is something that almost wasn't for me. God truly gave us both of our children as miracles. Redonia came thru means of adoption. She is not bone of my bone nor flesh of my flesh but born straight from my heart! Trent came from our union but was born from my heart, too. I wanted a girl and a boy. God gave me just that! Now God has given me a third child, Calah. She is definitely apart of my heart, too. I get so frustrated when people refer to people with adopted and natural born children as "That one is theirs and that one is adopted!" Errrrrrr my ANGER stirs! There is ABSOLUTELY NOOOOO difference in my adopted child and my natural born child. Both are my children. I hope both Redonia and Trent know that I don't just want to be their Mother but I want to be their MOM! I hope Calah knows I love her so much, too! I want to be a good Mom-in-law.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you beautiful Moms!

6 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracie. Thanks for your kind remarks. You are toooo sweet! We enjoyed being with ya'll yesterday and sharing a lovely meal. Thanks for the flower. When it is no longer blooming nicely, it will be planted in the yard to bloom again. I hope to bloom again next year also......Have a wonderful weekend with your family...Happy Mothers Day!

Your "other Mother'

Karen J. Hopper said...

What a lovely post. BTW: You should write a book. Happy Mother's Day.

Deadra's Dialogue said...

To my other mother. I just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Mother's Day. You mean so much to me. Words cannot express what you mean to me and how much I love and care for you. Thanks for being who you are to me. I appreciate all you have taught me...espically how to set a table...lol. I am so blessed to have you in my life....your my other mother, my friend, my team mate (we make a great team) and so much more. I love you with all my heart.

Carrie said...

Have a Happy, Happy Mother's day! Love you.

Linda Elms said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, TRACIE! I love you and want your day to be extra special!