Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thoughts on Relationships

God likens his church to the family. I believe our spiritual lives and our physical lives will be no stronger than the other. I've been happily married to my husband for soon to be 27 years. Wow! I've lived with him longer than I lived at home. We can finish each others sentences, look at each other and communicate without saying a word, feel when something is wrong with the other without having to be told, and be in different towns and almost simultaneously send each other a sweet xox0,heart or winking smiley face text message. That gives me GREAT comfort to know that I can have that same kind of relationship with God.

It's amazing that when I get out of sorts (yeah I'm human, too!) that not only do I feel out of sorts with my sweetheart of 27 years but I feel out of sorts with God. Amazing that when I fix one relationship they all get fixed.

Last night or really wee hours of the morning Kent dreamed someone was cutting off my feet. I woke up about 4 am to him tackling me. So great to feel loved and know he CARES for me. Second time to be tackled by him. First was our first year of marriage. A tornado literally blew his office trailer over. We were in it. He tackled me to 'cover' me from flying debris. Although last night I felt rudely awakened and this morning even have a bit of a back ache I have sat here thinking how loved I really am. There is NEVER a doubt in my mind that Kent will not take good care of me. Earlier this week in a physical sense he came quickly to my protection. Again, this just comforts me further in my relationship with God. How many times does He come to my rescue? Sometimes He may tackle me in process and I may feel a little sore but what a blessing to be protected!

Kent has NEVER demeaned me to anyone. He loves me, cherishes me, provides for me, simply put he takes care of my EVERY need. How much greater does the Lord take care of me? I realize that some may not have a good relationship with their spouse but trust me God is no respecter of persons and just as he takes GOOD care of me, He WILL take GOOD care of YOU!

Today let's work on RELATIONSHIPS....every one of them. I believe our spiritual relationships and physical relationships must agree. They will each be strengthened by the other. Friends, I love you all and want to make it to heaven with you.

3 comments:

Amy said...

so true Sis. Smith... i love this post!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

K folks.....

The natives were gonna cut of Tracie's feet and I shoved her out of the way and clubbed the natives.....

What can a man say....

At least Tracie bragged on me for it....

Keith and Carla said...

LOL!!! Enjoyed this post!