Monday, May 25, 2009

Great Long Weekend

What an incredible weekend! I'm PROUD to be AMERICAN where we freely enjoy ourselves.

Sean flew in Thursday afternoon. Redonia had to work and was unable to pick him up. Kent and I planned to pick him up but Trent and Calah decided to join the fun. Calah made an orange welcome sign. You know TEXAS LONGHORN orange. She put a few choice words of welcome on the sign. Trent stood front and center of the exit door @ Terminal B of IAH with the sign held over his head. Just trust me boys will be boys....Sean got a big laugh at his welcome.

Friday was a relaxed day of 'nothingness'. It was so relaxed that Kent nor I can remember what we did! We truly did almost nothing. It's been a long time since we've enjoyed a day like that.

Saturday the kids went to Galveston. Kent and I went to a Texas District Junior Bible Quiz Tournament, a graduation party, and went and visited ALL of my little bus kids. Kent passed out suckers to them. They love getting anything no matter how small. I LOVE my babies!!! Saturday night we took our kids to Papadeaux's for seafood. Redonia, Kent, and Trent enjoyed an appetizer of crawfish.

Sunday CUPC had only one service. Visiting minister and friend, Jonathon Green preached. We had an amazing service. Thirteen persons received the Holy Spirit! It was so awesome watching each one pray. Just before service a couple who has just started visiting asked Kent if he would dedicate their baby, Matthew. Kent told them he would be happy to do so within the next couple of weeks. Immediately he could tell they were wanting the baby dedicated that day. Of course, Kent did dedicate the baby. It was one of the sweetest ever! During the altar service both the Mom and Dad were part of the 13 receiving a brand new experience with God.

Sundays are our busiest work day. I NEVER cook lunch. This Sunday I decided to cook. The kids came over and we enjoyed a delicious meal together. Later in the afternoon we went to the lake for a time of boating, jet skiing, & tubing. The water was too rough for the kids to ski. Trent and Redonia loves water sports. Calah, really doesn't enjoy it. Well, Sunday she was brave. She rode the jet ski, tubed, and even loved the boat ride. I'm thinking we have us a new water kid! Sean loved the water sports, too. Late Sunday night Kent and I went to Starbucks on the lake. We enjoyed sitting outside together.

Today we travelled to Nacogdoches for the funeral of a dear lady. Memaw Porter was a special lady not only because she was the Mom of Sis. Joyce McClain but because she was a great saint of God. After the graveside we enjoyed lunch with Bro. & Sis. Vernon Neeley, Kent's parents, Gene & Ouida Gary, and Jerry & Debbie Long. When I grow up I want to be just like Sis. Neeley. She is such a gracious lady! She is so warm and friendly. Every time I see her she acts so happy to see me and treats me like I'm worth a million dollars. I saw another lady today who KNOWS me so well. She didn't even speak. Finally, a friend said to her, "Do you know Sis. Tracie?" Wow....she must have felt really silly...not the person endeavoring to introduce us but the one who stood talking to my friend without even speaking to me! lol Just a reminder of the reason Mom always taught us speak to everyone. (Thanks, Mom!)

Kent and I travelled home in peace and quite...we can ride for hours holding hands and not saying a word. I slept most of the way and he drove. Finally, he woke me up and asked if I would drive so he could sleep. We were so relaxed it was hard to stay awake.

Tonight I took Kent on a date! Woo Hoo...The house was just too quite for me. Redonia was with friends and I couldn't sit here any longer. We went to The Woodlands Waterway. Our first stop was Hubbell & Hudson's. Kent got a cup of coffee and I got gelato. I couldn't decide between coconut or raspberry so I got a small cup with a little of each. We sat at a sidewalk table and enjoyed people watching. After we finished our treats we went to the Waterway Square and enjoyed the dancing waters. We are spoiled to have such wonderful date places right at our own backdoor.

Redonia came in a little bit ago but she was on the phone talking to Sean. Kent and I didn't rate. I actually waited up on her! Maybe tomorrow she'll have time for me....sometimes I feel like I've been traded in. Oh well, Sean's cute and a great guy. I wouldn't have it any other way. Following is a cute picture taken of them this weekend.



I hope each of your weekend was relaxing....now tomorrow is back to work we go!!! Blessings for a GREAT week!

3 comments:

Jana McVay said...

Memaw Porter? If you don't mind my asking, what was her first name? I was born in Lufkin and grew up, until 14, in Nacogdoches. I attended Bro. Carnley's, and later Bro. Atchison's, church as a child until we started attending Bro. Fuller's. I believe I knew Sis. Porter and know my parents did. I am saddened to hear of her passing.

Tracie Smith said...

Hi Jana! I'm not certain I'm spelling it correctly but Modenia Porter. She was 97 years old @ her passing. I know there are several Porters. She was mom to two children, Joyce married to Rev. Wayne McClain and Bobby who also lives in the Nac area and is married to Betty. Sis. Porter owned and operated a florist for many many years. In fact she was known for her love for flowers. Another "Sis. Porter' from the area of course is not nearly as old but is mom to three children, Kevin, Lary, & Jean (we call Sissy). There was another child who passed away before I knew them.

Hope this helps! Sis. Porter did attend the Fuller's church. However, I believe the second Sis. Porter that I mentioned attended the same church years ago, too. I am certain you and your family knew her!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. And wow, 13 receiving the Holy Ghost on a holiday weekend is awesome.