Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nothing Profound

Ok do you want a honest post or a great to read post? Well, I'll try to do both knowing I'm writing to a varied reading audience.

Honestly, I feel horrible, absolutely horrible. I can't wake up today. I have a little bit of a sore throat. However, I feel today exactly how I feel after I've had a few seizures in a day. In the past I have had seizures in my sleep but normally Kent wakes up and 'tends' to me. He said if I had a seizure last night he never knew it. Ugghhhh....I HATE this feeling. I forgot my laptop this morning and had to come home to get it. When I returned home I sat in the chair and was a sleep in a minute or two. Normally, it takes the atmosphere perfect for me to go to sleep and then I don't just fall asleep. Later sitting in Kent's office I fell asleep. We left the office early and came home. I just gave in and got in the bed. I slept for about 4 hours. This evening I went on outreach for our block party and Pentecost Sunday events. Thankfully, in the streets witnessing I felt great. I wasn't tired feeling at all. I guess adrenaline kicked in. Sitting here writing my eyes are heavy. I'm not long for this world...sleepy time is coming quickly!

Now for the great READ. We hit an obstacle in outreach today. Thankfully, all was resolved peacefully. During the resolution of the problem Kent's cell phone rang. It was a brand new convert family. In a previous post I mentioned last Sunday dedicating a baby of a new family. Well, the husband calls. His wife has to have emergency surgery tomorrow to remove a mass from her thyroid. He called Kent for prayer. Long story short they met us at the park and we prayed for this precious family. The husband was excited because he has been telling everyone on his job about his new church. He said one of the men is coming Sunday and is ready to be baptized!!! This family is so precious. There is no telling how God is going to bless and use them.

Off to sleepy land....blessing to all of you for a Fantastic Friday!!!!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I hope you feel better today and that your Friday is FANTASTIC too! Love you!

Tracie Smith said...

I do feel better!!! Maybe I just needed to rest. I sure got lots of it yesterday. When we went to bed last night Bro. Smith was worried I wouldn't sleep last night. I never woke up one time which is MOST unusual for me. I'm planning a FANTASTIC Friday.

Linda Weldon said...

I love you bunches, Sis. Smith! I will be praying for you and I hope you have a GREAT Friday!

Jewel said...

I have come dear friends who simply tell me...."Jewel, listen to your body and sleep." There are times, Sis. Smith that I just have to do that. I'm so glad that you are feeling better and that you slept well. We must give our bodies the sleep and rest they need, even though we want to keep pushing. *smile* ((HUGS))