Tuesday, July 29, 2008

URGENT

I was awakened just after 6:00 am to the screaming cry on the other end of the phone of my Mother. After I got her to calm so I could understand her this is what I learned my little nephew, Timothy "Timo" Simoneaux, is very sick and in the hospital. I'm assuming in Malawi. I couldn't understand Mother. I do know there is consideration currently in having a medical airlift to Johannesburg. Apparently there is a concern now of Meningitis. Vicki is enroute 'home' to get appropriate insurance papers for the airlift if needed. Tremayne is with Timo at the hospital.
I assured Mom Timo is not as bad as we may visualize or Vicki would not have left the bedside but rather would have sent Tremayne. I do know he must be VERY sick for consideration of airlift. Johannsasburg of course is in South Africa and I feel more than comfortable with him there. Thankfully, Tremayne's Mom, Carol Simoneuax, is currently in Africa and is either in South Africa or can meet them there.

Following is an excerpt of an email I received late last night from Vicki:

"On Saturday afternoon Timo started complaining of 'pressure' in his left ear. Sunday morning he felt bad so we decided to leave him at home while we went on to church. . . .After the 1st service I called and checked on him. He was crying and asked us to come get him. We picked him up and took him to the Trauma Center. He has an acute middle ear infection. Today he felt horrible! ... He is complaining of dizziness, etc. Tonight he has started vomiting. He is taking antibiotics, antibiotic ear drops, and pain medicine. If he is not better by tomorrow noon, we will take him to a doctor here. Please say a prayer!"

Timo is a 12 year old energetic kid! He loves Africa and being a MK. These type moments having family involved in Foreign Missions is rough. I ESPECIALLY know that this is hard on Grammy, my Mom. Although Vicki and Tremayne have been involved with foreign missions for 23 years a morning like this does not make it any easier for any of us. I do keep a current passport 'just in case'. Thankfully, I have never had to use it. Out of all these years I have never been to Africa. I'm a wonderful 'home missionary'! ha I will endeavor to keep you posted. I'm awaiting a cell number from my mother for Vicki now so I can call and get an updated report. The last details are not good but I do know that God is a healer regardless to the level of medical attention Timo may or may not be able to receive in Malawi. I do know that Timo loves God and has great faith in God. Keep my little buddy, my little nerd, as I fondly call him in your prayers. I love my Timo!

4 comments:

Deadra's Dialogue said...

We are praying right now! We KNOW God is a healer.

Carrie Blair said...

The boys and I will keep him in our prayers today....the prayer he prayed the other day for the children in Africa was so sincere it is no surprise to me that the devil would attack. I am believing for a good report!

Karen Prince said...

We were just updated from the Texas District...we will definitely be in prayer for Timo. God is a healer and HE is in control.

Karen J. Hopper said...

We are praying in California.