Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Update, Again

I just talked with Vicki. She has been in ICU with Timothy. He appears much more restful than when she left. He has rested thru the night. They did put him on oxygen after Vicki left last night. This was something that the Joburg team was requesting. I'm relieved! I have spent sometime reading online today and that is one of the 1st things that should be done after starting the antibiotic.

Vicki called the Medivac company and the person she spoke with said the plane has been fueled and cleared customs in Joburg. The person was watching the plane on the runway as she talked with Vicki. She said it was a Cessna plane and would make a faster trip than originally planned. Once it departs it will arrive in 1 hr 35 mintues. Wow! Of course then the ambulance ride to the hospital and etc to get my buddy.

Vicki said that yesterday one of his eyes was very swollen like 'bugged out'. She said this morning it doesn't appear swollen. She said his eyes look a little sunken but not bad. She said you know like it should with someone as sick as he is. She said he still is not responding but she feels he is going to be ok. She is so relieved knowing they will soon be in the air to Joburg.

Once the Joburg team arrives I'll get a call and will update again! She wants EVERYONE to know how thankful they are for the prayers, emails, calls, and etc. Our entire family feels the strength from each of you.

6 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Thank you, Tracie for the updates! God is with you all and with Timo and family! In Jesus Name we pray for healing and safety!

Debbie Saiz said...

Thanks for all of your updates. I have read Timothy's blog from time to time and always enjoy hearing things from his point of view. We continue to pray for him as well as all the family.

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Looks like we are making some progress, Tracie!!! I am still believing for a miracle.

Anonymous said...

We met Bro & Sis Simoneaux in Rome Ny when they were getting ready to go back to Africa. Our ladies prayer group has prayer going for Tim. May the Lord bring a quick miricle and healing for this talented young man. I love reading his bogs and he has a heart for the african child. WOW!!! To see such a burdened in a young man.

Lord Bless Bro & Sis Burgess Oakwood GA

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

I have not been able to get online where we are in Alaska this week. I received several emails on my iphone today about Timo. I enjoy his blog and we are praying for him, his family and all of you. Thanks for the update. Even though I cannot get on my computer, I have been able to get your blog on my iphone.
I came to the church to get on their wireless tonite. God's blessings on all of you.

Wendy Wiggins said...

Sister Smith,
I received an email from Sis. Vicki Simoneaux this morning giving your blog as a way to keep informed on Timo's progress. Please know that we here in Spain have been praying since yesterday! We are believing God for a miracle.

Sincerely,

Tim and Wendy Wiggins
AIM/Missionaries to Spain