Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blessed Sunday

How truly blessed I was to serve today! This morning I arrived at church earlier than my normal. I was expecting a blessed day. Upon arrival I noticed my nephew (in-law), Jason Langley, who moved to Conroe this week from Texarkana was sitting in the sanctuary. Jason knows we run a couple of vans (actually van & Suburban) and he came to go on the route! Wow! How great is that for a first Sunday at a new church? I knew this was only the beginning of the blessings for the day.

At the first stop one of the mom’s of a ‘regular’ met me. She was dressed for church. She awoke feeling the need for church. She had a phone book and wanted me to help her find a church that she had previously visited. She was calling for a ride. I don’t know what made me do it but I offered to let her ride our van and take her to the church. She was able to reach someone from the church to pick her up. She told me that her children said they were members of our church and did not want to go with her. She said next week she will probably just go with us and make it a family thing on Sundays. I was very excited.

A few months ago a lady REFUSED to allow her son to go to a Pentecostal church. For a few weeks her husband and children have been visiting. Last week Mom joined! Today she, her husband and two sons went in their vehicle to church. She was in the altar crying and praying this morning. Yes!!!!

As I went to the second building today a dear lady and her son was sitting outside on the stairs. I asked if the little boy could go to church with me. Mom asked if I was Baptist. I told her I was Pentecostal. Very sternly she replied, “No, he can’t go with you.” I did not let it frustrate me and stood there and talked a few minutes with her. I could tell she has needs. Long story short is her son went with me today and this week she is going to Bible Study. She wants us to dedicate her two sons to the Lord. One is about 6 and the other two months.

Tonight Jamie Seaton a recent graduate of TBC and his girlfriend, Courtney Boone ministered in our service. Courtney sang and played before Jamie preached. We were so pleased of the maturity we saw in both of these sweet young adults. Both Courtney and Jamie are friends of our children. Jamie did a wonderful job preaching. He conducted himself very well in the pulpit. Our congregation responded positively to his ministry.

A fabulous young man connected with our church was in service tonight. He received a renewal of the Spirit. It was so awesome to see and experience this miracle. I know his family is thankful. God is so good and faithful to each of us.

I’m thankful that not only did I go to church and perform my role of pastor’s wife but I was blessed as I went about my responsibilities. It is truly a blessing to serve the Lord. I’m reminded of a song that I love, “Serving God is Beautiful”.

7 comments:

Carrie Blair said...

The Lord is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him....today was the fruit of seeking Him for several people. When we do His business He always takes care of the "homefront."

Courtney's song and voice were beautiful, not to mention the most important thing is that she was anointed. Enjoyed your blog tonight. Have a great week! Love you.

iluv2prshim said...

What an inspiring post! Jason Langley? Please give him a hug for me. I remember when Jason's folks came to God in Texarkana. You have to be on cloud nine after all the good things that happened in Conroe today. And then, you ended the post with the song I wrote so many years ago, "Serving God Is Beautiful"! I believe it more today than when I wrote it. God is good and serving Him is truly a beautiful experience.

Gene Holley said...

Awesome! Glad you had such a wonderful day!

Tracie Smith said...

Ronda, I forgot or maybe never even knew you wrote the song. I am not a singer but have sang it from my heart so many times. I would love to hear you sing it someday!

Well, some of our blessings were because of labors of the Hurst family!!!! Jason does speak so fondly of each of you. He told us of Bro. Hurst snapping his fingers 'in code' for he, Than, and another church kid when they would misbehave in church. He married Tara our niece 3 years ago. They have an adorable little 20 month old. Jason has turned into an awesome man.

iluv2prshim said...

LOL! Oh my goodness. I have heard that snap so many times concerning, Jason,'Than and their friends. :)I also taught all that age group in Sunday School. Quite an experience. :) I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm glad when I hear that they are doing well and working for the Lord like Jason.

Anonymous said...

Sis Smith,

Please tell Jason that I said hello. We went to high school together. Good old Pleasant Grove High. Ummm, tell him that I still get the snap sometimes!! It's so hard to believe that he is married and has a kid. I guess I'm running a little behind! I still remember staying out at his house in the boonies and riding four wheelers all night long!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Awesome report!