Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Timo Update

Sorry to be slow in getting this out. Some of you have probably heard from WNOP already. Timo does have bacterial meningitis. He is waiting to medivaced him to South Africa now. Timo is in "ICU". Of course the level of ICU in Malawi is not what we receive stateside. It would be more like a hospital here.

Vicki is RELATIVELY calm. I talked with her for about 25 minutes. She will text me if there are any changes or when the transport begins. At that point in time I will call her. Tremayne and Vicki are able to be with him in the unit.

At this point he does not have a high fever or maybe even an elevated temperature at all. He his dehydrated. Immediately upon arrival at the hospital the doctor supsected the meningitis and began the appropriate iv medication.

Timo is somewhat unresponsive. He is not able to focus his eyes nor has he verbally communicated. He has pulled out his iv and has fought the dr's somewhat. He has had 2 spinal punctures. Ouch!!!

I told Vicki that I began emailing prayer requests and posted a blog as soon as Mom called this morning. I assure you she is feeling our prayers. When I attempted to hang up her voice did break and she cried briefly. I know she feels very lonely so far from family. Thank each of you for your continued prayers for our family.

Again, I KNOW God is Timo's healer!


PS She just texted that Donna Flowers, missionary wife in South Africa just called her. Donna will meet them at the hospital. Additionally, FMD is working now with insurance to ensure the transport is expedited.

PSS Donna Flowers just called me! Boy, international communication is so much better with text, skype, and etc than when Vicki first went to Africa.

4 comments:

iluv2prshim said...

Tracie, We are praying for Timo and your sister and family.
Nathan and Ronda

Anonymous said...

We will definitely be praying! We love the Simoneauxs and Timo! God IS in control! Sis. Weldon

Karla said...

Tracie - I am praying for you all. Thanks for keeping us updated. Love you!

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

God has it all in His Hands.. May the spirit of peace and comfort be your families friend in this hour of need. I pray God will send angels of healing virtue into the room where Timo is right now and begin to touch his body from the top of his head to the tip of his toes. IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH.. I plead the blood of Jesus over him right now! God is always on time. We are praying...
God is listning. You just believe!!!