Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Calah
Happy birthday to you!!!!

I ABSOLUTELY love firsts.... Today was a SPECIAL first for me! I was able to buy a birthday card for the FIRST time that said for a 'DAUGHTER-IN-LAW'. Kent and I both simply love our new daughter. She brings lots of giggles to our family. She thinks Trent is so funny and giggles and giggles at his sillyness.


When we returned from our vacation last evening we were greeted by THREE children who at least acted like they missed us!!! I love shopping for my girls. They are fun. I get to buy purses and flip flops for 2 girls now. How special is that????

Calah, I know I'm a silly Mom-in-law! (Calah, giggles about all my little prizes and trinkets I get her!) I love buying cute gift bags. Every gift I give her she always notices the bag!!!! SCORE! ha

Today I bought her a $100 gift card to Kirklands. I told Kent that seemed too sterile so I bought lots of fun candy to add to the gift bag. (cotton candy, gummy bears, m&m's, and etc) Calah giggled when she saw all the little mess!

She and Trent gave us a scare when we were on vacation. They called to tell us they had us a surprise when we got home. I thought oh no what have they done? Almost everyone who goes to work @ CCS has a baby. Kent thought surely not after only a month..... I thought they had bought a dog or a new laptop. Well, when we got home we found out someone had given them a wonderful new Boxer that they both adore. That wasn't the surprise though. The silly kids came to our house and traded my guest bed mattresses for their's. Well our guest bed mattresses were VERY expensive given to us by someone who worked at an exclusive furniture store in Houston. Calah's are much older and etc. What could we do but laugh??? Guess before company comes we may need to buy new mattress! I LOVE that my kids KNOW that we don't care! Calah, take the mattresses we just aren't quite ready to be grandparents, yet. We'll be great grandparents to our new little grandpuppy though!!!

Again, Happy Birthday, Calah! I love you VERY much....

8 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Tracie, I know exactly how you feel about a "daughter-in-law". I love mine so much and I'm so thankful for them! Calah is beautiful and I'm sure she is just as pretty on the inside.

Vicki said...

I called her from Africa! Even after I told her who I was I think it took her a few moments to really realize it was me.

Having a daughter in law is wonderful!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Wishing Calah a belated Happy Birthday.

Carrie Blair said...

Great post! I laughed! I know a great mattress salesman ha ha couldn't resist! Calah is awesome, but so is Trent. I love ya'll and I am sooo glad you both are home. I am expecting great services Sunday!

P.S. Happy Birthday Calah! Your smile is contagious!

iluv2prshim said...

Happy Birthday to Calah! Glad you guys are home safe and sound. :)

KAN said...

I, too, am so glad you're home. I have to agree with one of your commenters that reading your posts, and seeing the pix made me feel like an intruder-or at least a fifth wheel on a big date. Kinda weird, but it didn't stop me from going along...kan

Tracie Smith said...

Thank you all! The kids don't have internet yet @ their home. I'm sure Calah hasn't had time @ the office to get online. By tomorrow both kids will be having internet withdrawals and will find a connection somewhere. :)

Sis. Blair and Sis. Newton, we are glad to be home!! We are glad yall had WONDERFUL church while we were away.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Isn't sweet to have another daughter? You are such a wonderful mother-in-law.