Sunday, July 27, 2008

Harvest Continues. . .

Have you ever realized that a harvest calls for lots of work? Well let me tell you how today began. ShIrley Nunez drives her beautiful new Suburban every week along with the church van for our route. Today the Suburban was in the shop. We decided since one of the families we pick up was going to drive their car we could make it in the church van. When my brother-in-law, Mickey, tried to start the van it would not start. We decided to take a mini-van and our car. Kent tried one last time and the van started. Hallelujah!

As we pulled into the apartment complex you could feel opposition. Someone mysteriously changed the gate code and we no longer have access. We have to dial residents to let us in. Mickey went to the first house and there was major trouble. This is the family who was supposed to drive themselves. Long story short Mickey got the oldest son dressed and he rode the van. A lot of the kids are returning home and we had a few more than the past couple of weeks. KJ, Dshon, and Jamal’s Mom, Shonn, who I posted about a few weeks ago, came today for her first time!

I sat with Shonn this morning. She really enjoyed the service and during altar service I heard her speak with tongues. I was most excited! Tonight as I was praying before service I felt several kids tap me on the back at once. I looked up and there was KJ, Dshon, and Jamal. What a nice surprise! Mickey and Kristi took them to lunch and invited them tonight. The boys sat on the front pew with me. Shonn sat back with my sister, Kristi. As the choir sang a very upbeat song (I can’t remember what it was!) the boys began to worship. It wasn’t long until they were crying and had their hands lifted praising God. Dshon spoke in tongues very beautifully! Each of the boys began to leap for joy and praise God. Soon their Mom joined us. It was beautiful seeing each of them crying and worshipping God as a family.

We had several other visitors praying tonight, too! Our service never progressed past the choir. Calah did a remarkable job leading the choir not only in singing but worship. This has been two Sunday nights that she has taken the show from her father-in-law! Teasing, but honestly we are in a great time of harvest at CUPC.

After service, I invited the boys to James Coney Island. They enjoyed chili cheese dogs and ice cream cones! I’m not sure I’ve ever been to James Coney Island on a Sunday night but it is a night I will never forget. I endeavored to pass the word to several church families. Shonn enjoyed talking with the ladies. The boys are very well mannered and could not thank me enough for their fun time with some of their church friends.

Keep CUPC in your continued prayers. We have several people who are hungry for God. We have Bible Studies going and several BIG Outreach events scheduled the next couple of months. I hope to soon post about an upcoming event called Miracle in the Park. We expect hundreds to receive healings and salvation. . . Join us in praying for deliverance in Martin Luther King, Jr. Park.

3 comments:

Linda Elms said...

OH HOW I LOVE THESE REPORTS! It's wonderful hearing about the harvest that is coming in!

Karen J. Hopper said...

HOW EXCITING. I Believe with You! Am praying for a mighty apostolic storm to hit CUPC. The winds are already starting to blow. Miracles and wonders, and most importantly Salvation is headed your way, and in great numbers.

Keith and Carla said...

A good report maketh the bones fat (not that mine need any help - lol)!!!

Great report!