Saturday, March 21, 2009

We're HOME!!! (prayer request, too)

What a wonderful trip! Today we had a good trip home from Branson. We stopped in Arkansas and had dinner with my cousin, Cathy; her sons, Zack & Adam; her granddaughter, Addie; and Adam's girlfriend, Megan; and made some new friends, too! We had a great visit. Just in case any of you appear on my blog...we enjoyed ourselves! The meal was wonderful and the visit was, too.

Trent, Calah, Redonia, Kent and I texted our entire way home. We did the group chat using Blackberry Messenger. I love my family! It sure made the l-o-n-g trip pass a little quicker. Pray for Trent. He's preaching in Kingsville tomorrow for Calah's grandfather, Bro. Hicks. Trent has been texting me his notes. He has an awesome message planned. I can't share it because he's afraid his Dad will preach it. lol Knowing Kent he would at least talk about it publically and mess up Trent's good sermon so he couldn't preach it @ CUPC. You're safe son!!! Mom has you covered. Pray for Calah, too! You know preacher's wives get all nervous when they first start out. Well sometimes I still get a little nervous! lol It's ok cause my Mom is definitely not a young preacher's wife and she gets nervous, too.

While driving in tonight my dear friend, Jerry Ann Guidroz called. Her grandson, Landon, has had three surgeries the past six months and is having complications tonight. God has kept His hand on Landon but we still need a miracle. Pray that Landon will not get weary in this recovery time. He has had great faith. He was able to go to BOTT and we enjoyed dinner with him one evening. I know Bro. & Sis. Guidroz can use prayer, too. They are in Odessa preaching for the Pugh's this weekend. Then I believe next week they travel to Ohio. They spent this past week with Landon. I know it is so hard on them getting the report tonight that Landon is again having complications. I assured Sis. Guidroz we would pray for each of them. Please keep Landon's parents, Bob & Rhonna in your prayers, too. Rhonna is such a sweet and tender person. I know this has been most difficult for her.

I'm glad we're home. I'm so ready to go to church tomorrow!!!!! I hope each of you, my friends, will have good church, too.....

5 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Glad you made it home safely!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only preacher's wife that gets nervous! Thanks for letting me know that there are others out there that get nervous, too. Keith is the speaker in our family, and I'm the one that gets nervous for him! lol

Vicki said...

Glad you guys had such a great trip. Sorry, I was sound asleep when you called last night. I probably sounded goofy ha. I had worked all day in my yard.

Can't wait to hear more about 'certain' parts of your trip lol!

Love you! (we need to do lunch some day!)

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Thanks for the post. They readmitted Landon this afternoon.
Ronna is somewhat stressed over the ordeal. We APPRECIATE all the prayers. I'll keep you posted. It is uncertain whether he is facing another surgery or what?????

Deadra's Dialogue said...

I am so glad you are home. I've missed you. I am glad ya'll had a wonderful time. Much needed! Love you bunches!

Linda Weldon said...

So glad you all were able to get away this past week and have some FUN!! Glad you all are back! Love all of you bunches! ~Sis Weldon